10/26 Mačka AMPS 412, +4 351, last night blues all night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...mps-367-5-121-6-108-7-143-pmps-hi-pic.220836/

Good morning :blackeye::coffee:
    We stayed up (Macka and I) all night because he decided to surf the waves. After the AM shot I went to bed and slept poorly for 3.5 hours. I feel so bad!

Macka had diarrhea again, last night, so I gave him S. Boulardii right away this time. He does not have much appetite, not sure what it is...?

Have a great week-end everyone!

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh poor Macka! Does he seem to be in pain? I hope the S. boulardii helps quickly. Do you have and Slippery Elm Bark (SEB ) powder? If so you can make him a little SEB
    ball which helps with any nausea and helps with the diarrhea too.

That was a nice cycle last night. They were nice safe numbers and you could have gone to bed after the +5 when you saw him hanging flat.

It’s always scary when they are lower than you are used to seeing. but he was in nice safe numbers and you need to regard when in the cycle those numbers occur. At that point in the cycle, the numbers are going to start to come up with the natural rise of Lantus starting to lose its potency.

The more you get used to seeing those patterns , the more comfortable you will get. Save the PJ party when he starts dropping into greens and going lower. Remember to take care of yourself too so you can take care of Macka. :bighug:

Penelope and Mačka and AmandaE like this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

sorry that you ended up staying up so late last night but also: Awesome that Macka had a great surf. I loved the pic you posted of him yesterday, so so handsome :)

I hope Macka has feels better soon :)

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  4. Penelope and Mačka

The PJ party lol!!!!! On paper I knew I should have gone to bed, but in reality I am still so scared of a sudden drop that could come out of nowhere... I think I needed to feel I was there for him, keeping him safe just in case. I can’t wait to be more comfortable with nicer curves and trust more that he’s going to be OK for the night.

5. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you!!!!

AmandaE likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Remember , when you get a few test in a row later in the cycle, that are flat, you are good to go to bed. Been there , got the t-shirt. Just pushing my experience forward. :bighug:

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad Macka had good numbers last night, sorry you didn’t get any sleep. You will get more confident in knowing when he’s safe as he spends more time in those nice numbers.

8. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Good evening!! Just catching this post. I think our kitties had it out for us humans yesterday!! My Charlotte dipped low and I had to hit the 911 panic button! Thank goodness for all of the hand holding from this group.:D I hope you can catch a better night’s sleep tonight. It does catch up to you! He is a very cute cat and I hope he is feeling better since your earlier post. :cat:

9. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

The note in your spreadsheet for yesterday really made me smile. Rarely do most people get so excited when their cats jump on the kitchen table, but I know exactly how you feel! :p

That's fantastic that he's feeling better, and here's hoping for more strings of blues :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see Macka getting over his bounces faster. :)