10/3 Angel AMPS:303 +5:231 +6:158 +8:120 +10:66 +11:67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cherish Gallagher, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When did you give the 11% ? Remember, try not to feed, especially higher carb food, for the two hours before shot time.

If you are following TR, the reduction point is still 50 on a human meter. She is testing "shoot low to stay low". :D

Cherish Gallagher likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Sorry, I see you said when you gave the MC. You might want to put "food out of the ordinary" on your spreadsheet Remarks. You may find it comes in handy later to track Angel's reaction to food. You could have given her a couple tsp of LC to encourage a surf. Next time. ;)

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I would probably hold the dose until she earns it by dropping below 50, since you are following TR.

I know you fed 11\% @ +10 and she didn't zoom up, I think today's sudden drop has more to do with her getting that kibble out of her system that she got into last night.

For future reference when they are low late in the cycle it's not usually necessary to give higher carb, low carb will usually encourage them to surf.;)

5. Cherish Gallagher

Cherish Gallagher Member

Thanks! We held the dose. I know I shouldn’t have given food at +10 but I still get so freaked out by green numbers even tho they are good! 7 Months in and still super paranoid about hypos.

6. Wendy&Neko

You never want to get complacent about hypos, but you can learn how to prevent them and manage the numbers.

Good for you on holding the dose, she's been pretty flat the last couple of hours. I might still get a +1 and a +2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.