? 10/4/2019 Blackie PMPS 477

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sherry and Blackie, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

4 days and 2 units and his numbers are all over . Doing a curve tomorrow. Should I do every 2 or 3 hours? Should I do one Sunday also? Last question, stay on 2 units 7 days and then ask group if I should increase ? Thanks to all who help !

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

When doing a curve, you can either do every 2 hours for 12 hours or every 3 hours for 18 hours. Either way is fine but I'd venture to say most do the 12 hour curve. And no I don't think you need to do both Saturday and Sunday. One day should be sufficient.
    Using SLGS you'd usually hold a dose for 7 days but see what you get from the curve and go from there.

Sherry and Blackie likes this.
  3. Sherry and Blackie

Thank you. I'll do 12 hours and post my findings.

MrWorfMen's Mom and Idjit's mom like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It is a good idea to mix up the type of curves. Every 2 hours one time, every three another time. Every two hours gives you more detail, but if you pick a bounce cycle for the curve, it isn’t of much use. Every three hours for 18 gives you a view of two cycles, but not as much detail as the 12 hour cycle. Pros and cons to each. You do a great job with night time tests already. An 18 hour curve might be better for someone who doesn’t test at night.

5. Sherry and Blackie

Thanks! I've already started this morning. Just looking forward to getting him regulated.