10/4 Figaro AMPS 387 +2:30 382 -- PMPS 176 +2 92!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Figaro's Liz, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Prev condo

Sigh :( We aren't seeing any action yet and his numbers look about as bad as they have ever been. Some bouncing might be at play but I haven't seen anything close to green lately... so I will increase tonight!! Unless a bounce seems to be breaking at PMPS. Last night his PM shot was late by 30 minutes but I don't think that affects our cycle count. Walked by 15 mins this AM and back on regular schedule this PM.

Figaro himself seems perfectly fine :) Numbers aside, I wouldn't know anything is wrong except some mild constipation (I've been giving Miralax for a few days to help). He is hungry, but with the high numbers that is understandable. Ketones negative yesterday. Weight is steady. Only thing limiting his playing is my own exhaustion :oops: but he is quite cuddly because it's getting COLD here!! I had the heater on last night!

For a long time he has been itchy and to test for a food intolerance I switched him to Hound & Gatos duck (no turkey/beef/chicken, which are possible culprits). That transition completed a couple days ago and he seems to be happy with it. The carbs are actually a little lower than the Wellness he was eating (~1.7% vs ~2.4%) but it does have agar agar (vs. guar, cassia, and xantham gum in the Wellness); plus a high ash content (10%...). I wonder if this could be a factor but I'll stick with it and see what happens with more insulin before messing with food more. Fun times... :rolleyes:

TGIF!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease tonight. I hope the new food works for Figaro.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Figgy wants an increase! Flat is good buddy, but not flat pink!! It's always good to find a new food they like that fits their needs. I wonder why the higher ash content though. Gee, there is always something to worry or wonder about. I hope you are doing ok, or better Liz; I remember you being overworked not long ago!

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope the increase helps him find some better numbers :)

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks Carla! I hope so too, it's hard to find a good one :)

6. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Tell him Jan! Maybe he will listen to you! :) I can hardly wait for yellows again :eek:
    Thanks for asking after me Jan, you are very thoughtful. I'm doing okay--life is a rollercoaster, ain't it! Work is still pretty intense and I spent an evening in the ER with my mom (we are very close) this past week, so I am planning a weekend of sleeping and vegging as much as possible. Although I may go to a yoga class for a bit of stress release too :)

7. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Thanks, Sue! Eventually we'll get there.... :)

8. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Ah finally! A blue PMPS :cool: I held at 2.75u so as not to increase while a bounce breaks. Will see what happens...

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Oh dear, it's not calming down much for you. Yoga sounds helpful, along with a great relaxing weekend!:bighug::bighug::bighug: Best wishes for your mom too, Liz.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Whoo hoo! I see green.:D Surfs up Figaro.

11. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

And it feels so goooood! :D

12. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Nice colour change you have there Figaro :D . Green is much more your colour than pink;)

Figaro's Liz likes this.