10/6 Ming PMPS = 261, +5 = 256

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-5-ming-10-4-pmps-254-6-94-7-79-8-76.220082/

I am so inconsistent with posting these days but lately, Ming's been fine. Probably bouncing from the stretch of greens a couple of nights ago.

This is the 9th cycle of 5.75 units. My experience tells me I should hold for 10 cycles and then reevaluate the dose. What do you think?

Also, since his bath, his dandruff hasn't come back so that's nice! I'll be keeping an eye out for that. I added more sardines to this food until I can find some sort of omega 3 supplement that he'll eat (any fish oils in a capsule is a no-no for Ming).

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Ming has been doing well these days! Especially his skin clearing up.

I’m not sure about dosage but RE the omega 3 supplement: I picked up a bottle of Aventi Omega 3 complete for my civvie Nyx after she started limping. She doesn’t seem to mind it at all. I would say she’s the pickier eater in my house too. I’m Canadian as well and I was able to just get it at my vet. Maybe worth looking into? It was $38 for 500ml and it lasts for a year after opening.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Crista & Ming

Thanks! I’ll take a look at that and yes, it’s always very helpful when Canadians talk about what they get because we can’t always get everything from the states :bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Totally agree!! Good luck finding something that works for handsome Ming :)

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you ever tried fish oil drops? There are a few brands of wild salmon oil available in most pet stores. Nutrasea makes a pet product I have found in vitamin stores. Going with oil from smaller fishes, such as sardines and herrings, is better as they are lower on the food chain, less other junk. Nordic Naturals is a good brand too.

6. Crista & Ming

Would they not be the same as the capsules? I've tried sardine and anchovy oil from a capsule and also krill oil. Nordic Naturals was recommended to me too. I might try that if GLM powder doesn't work. My coworker is going to give me some to see if Ming will eat it on his food.

7. Crista & Ming

+5 = 256

Quiet night here most likely. I'll probably get another test somewhere in the latter half of the cycle.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

If you're on TR, which is what it says in your signature, you can increase after 6 cycles and no lagoon visits. Looks like Ming is ready for an increase.