10/8 Elmo AMPS 224 + 2 152,+4138 ,+5 160, + 7 180,+10 290,PMPS 324 , +2 217,+3 162,+4 171,+5. 138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beth 73, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning everyone :bighug: Elmo checked out his kingdom from his window..it was a chilly 37 degree check :) Then headed for the landing to await the sun. Just saw a hummingbird straggler all plumped up at the feeder, bulking up for her trip south and fluffed up against the chilly morning:bighug: Getting close to each one possibly being the last one observed for the season. Love my hummies❤️ Sending love,hugs and prayers to anyone who is in need of them ❤️

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Not bad for a skipped shot. I hope Elmo slides down slowly today.

Beth 73 likes this.
  3. Beth 73

:bighug:Thank you, Carla :bighug: Hoping you are getting stronger after being sick all last week, that your strength is building each day. Be good to yourself ❤️

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Not a bad start at all
    Wish it was 37 here!! Bring it on down nice and easy Elmo

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Hope you had a good night's rest Beth and Elmo takes it easy on you today! :bighug:
    Have a nice cat nap in the sun Elmo, I guess there's nothing interesting happening in the hood :rolleyes:

AmandaE and Beth 73 like this.
  6. Beth 73

Ha :p Like your term “ hood” to describe our sleepy small town street :joyful: Yes, had a wonderful full 8 hours and ready to tackle the new day, Sonia ❤️ Sending hugs and prayers to you and sweet Leo :bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Beth 73

Jamie, glad to know I’m not the only cool/cold weather fan :) Hopefully I will get in a run and some yard work today ...that thot makes me happy:) Scritches to Bella :cat:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to get a good night's sleep. It was a chilly 30 here this a.m. with a stiff wind blowing - brrrr. We had an unusually warmer summer so I'm glad to see the turn of the season. Elmo had such a great number for NS last night - he's been to the falls so he knows the way back - Goooooo Elmo:woot:!

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  9. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Slide down and surf safely today Elmo!

I hope you have an awesome day Beth! Enjoy your cool weather :cool:

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  10. Beth 73

+2. 152....gave thyroid meds ...tried different food(Weruva paw lickin’ chicken) ...gobbled it up :cat: Today , thus far, I’m letting him be as far as steering . We shall see :rolleyes: Going with a suggestion from Nan yesterday and am going to have a data day with little to no intervention and see what we find.

Sonia & Leo and Suzanne Burton like this.
  11. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Goodness. That is an interesting drop at +2, given the skipped shot last night... Guess it could still be a little depot action (plus an inflated AMPS due to meal anticipation?), but still.

Anxiously awaiting the +3!

(may not be able to comment much at that time, though-- busy at work right now, ahem)

12. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding: in case it wasn't clear, I'm wondering if ye olde pancreas might be awake and working on the morning meal ;) :woot:.

13. Beth 73

+4 138.....leaving him be ...eat when,how much he wants...did give pumpkin for poop activity ...:):cat:.....

14. Beth 73

Nan, I was encouraged by your words yesterday ab not being so ready to carb him and just let him be to collect data....theses numbers thus far make that easier but I’m prepared to let it play out this AM cycle....:bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Beth 73

:joyful: :D :p :).....a quiet ahem right back at ya, Nan :cat:

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  16. Beth 73

+5 160

17. Beth 73

+7. 180....eating and snoozing and snacking a bit more (him not me :)). Has slept less today , for what that observation is worth. Been in his window..up on landing ...joined civvie Ben in garage as I cleaned . More alert and moving about .

18. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Beth, that boy of yours will never cease to amaze me. Nice cycle after the skipped shot and all those reductions. He doesn't follow any rules and does his own thing quite successfully. Gotta love him! :D

19. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

That is Tina's food! Glad Elmo likes it! The Chicken Frick'A Zee has 2.9 instead of 3.9 % carbs (dry matter basis) but Tina doesn't like that at all.

20. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

And he's such a cute little bugger!!

21. Beth 73

But look at +10.... at least it hopefully spells sleep all night #2 in a row :woot:

Sonia & Leo and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  22. MrWorfMen's Mom

I don't see +10 on the SS. Re you and Kel seeing things I'm not? :confused:

23. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

We have special 3D Dr. Who glasses. Came in a box of cereal.

+10 is in the thread title. 290

24. MrWorfMen's Mom

:facepalm:DAHHHHH! I looked at the SS and forgot to look UP! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

25. Red & Rover (GA)

"Look up. Waaaay up."

download.jpg

26. Beth 73

Yes Kel, we most certainly do have Dr Who glasses !!!!! They come in handy in a variety of situations , like when those dang scary angels are around :woot: No kidding, those sincerely creep me out :nailbiting::nailbiting:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  27. Beth 73

Not sure ab my draw of that .50 this AM.....that’s a challenge for old eyes early in the morning.....looked at pic on Sticky of where .50 is ....merciful heavens :woot:..... and that’s big ole dose compared to drop dose :woot::woot:.....and btw our hillbilly internet , after much negotiation, allowed me to post the 290...:rolleyes::banghead::facepalm:

28. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Always nice to take a break Elmo. Just don't make it a habit.

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  29. Beth 73

How was your kitchen shopping today, Paula ??

30. Beth 73

PMPS 324.... what up with that ???? Ahhh well :smuggrin::rolleyes: I'll test at +2 and + 3 and see where we be :cat:

31. MrWorfMen's Mom

That's Elmo! Looks like you get to sleep tonight! antijinx-emoticon.png

Reason for edit: grammar
  32. Beth 73

Shhhhhh, Linda ...he might hear you !!!! :woot:

33. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

oh-oh! a pink in this ocean of blues? I'm sure Elmo is going to back to good numbers tonight, he's doing so well!

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  34. Beth 73

35. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh that little uknowwhat! Yes I'd slow him down. He's going like a run away truck again. :rolleyes:

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  36. Beth 73

Gave 1 t MC gravy and meat just now ....was going to test at +1 but felt sorry for his ears AND fell sound asleep on the couch :woot: Is 1 t enough ?

37. Beth 73

There is no pumping the brakes with LC with this dude...it’s full on slam those brakes right out of the gate ....:woot: May check in 30 to see what he’s UP to

38. MrWorfMen's Mom

Check in 30 and if he's still dropping.....some more gravy and meat is on the menu.

Beth 73 likes this.
  39. Beth 73

Coming right up , Master Chef Linda :rolleyes: That little couch nap will give me just enough umph to slow his roll.... I KNEW I should have checked his +1....but he was at 324 ...324.... expect the unexpected! Now what can I clean since I’m up ???? Lou ( Idgit’s mom) May stop by with her laundry if I’m not careful and up too late !

40. Suzanne Burton

Maybe you should make up a menu of the different MC's and let him pick with his cute furry paw.

MrWorfMen's Mom and Beth 73 like this.
  41. Beth 73

@Suzanne Burton ....you are a super hero !!! Read your thread with all you are going thru with your own health and then to be dealing with LT.....:woot: You are absolutely amazing !!!! Sending prayers , vines, hugs and the kitchen sink if necessary ❤️:bighug:

42. Beth 73

I’d like to kick his furry little butt is what I’d like to do :eek: All in Love,of course ❤️:rolleyes:

Sonia & Leo and Suzanne Burton like this.
  43. Red & Rover (GA)

Sorry. Just seeing your tag now. I was bingeing something. What's the plan? I've got an oven you can have a go at.

44. Suzanne Burton

:facepalm::joyful::eek:

45. Beth 73

Thanks, Kel ❤️ Love cleaning anything of someone else’s ! Especially ovens ...and I bet yours got a workout this past weekend and prepping before hand for those toga wearing rowers :)

46. Red & Rover (GA)

I don't do ovens. All I have to do is press a button, apparently, but I think the house will fill with smoke. So, the darker the better. My mum used to tisk, then clean mine when she visited. She's been gone a long time now.

What's the plan for tonight?

47. Beth 73

+3. 162....my hair is on fire :woot:....giving 1 t MC mt gravy now

48. Beth 73

Slowing his roll with MC at the moment .... or packing him up in the Tardis and sending him to live with you, Kel !,,

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  49. Beth 73

Latest drop just 55 so thank the good Lord for that ❤️ Feeding heaping t MC 14 and checking in 30 ....

50. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Ha, laundry is already done, and I don't want to do another darned thing today. It's dreary, cold and windy. The wind actually blew some of my laundry off the lines today. Poo! Going to get down into the 20s tonight. I'm turning my electric mattress pad to "nuclear" and crawling in for the winter.

51. MrWorfMen's Mom

When's the last time you had his brakes checked? :woot:

Beth 73 likes this.
  52. Idjit's mom

I want pictures of that Beth :rolleyes::joyful:

Beth 73 likes this.
  53. Beth 73

:woot: :woot: :woot: .....I should just open an all night diner and make some money while I’m at it :eek:

54. Beth 73

Brakes ...brakes ???? What are these brakes you speak of ??? Only momma has breaks that I can see !!!

55. Beth 73

And today was so calm... went for a jog/walk....browsed at local little flea market, buying stuff I do not need and have no where for but that reminded me of my Grandma so I bought them....DH no longer asks, his mouth will open then shuts and he shakes his head....after 40 years he has learned :)

56. Red & Rover (GA)

Just let me wake the DH first. He'd love to see a Tardis appear. What room of the house are you aiming for?

57. Beth 73

Eastern Washington already in 20s!!! We are supposed to go down to 30s in a few nights ....

58. Beth 73

:woot: :p :joyful: Which room would you prefer , Kel ? Dr Who never seemed particular .

59. Red & Rover (GA)

The living room is the biggest, with a low window overlooking a long backyard with a river at the bottom of it. Prime cat watching spot.

Beth 73 likes this.
  60. Idjit's mom

Yup, had a couple of days of Autumn..slamming right into winter. Cripes, the leaves are just starting to turn and fall, and they said the bad word on the news tonight *no* just east of us. I've been fast tracking winter prep and making sure we have our emergency supplies.

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  61. Beth 73

+3.5. 159 ..... another go at 1 t MC mix ? Or go to LC and see ??? My gut says one more round MC...check in 30

62. Beth 73

Good grief, Lou ... that’s crazy weather for mid October ....

63. Red & Rover (GA)

Has the agenda changed from todays AMPS cycle?
    Do you want to keep him from dropping? Then feed 1 tsp MC mix.
    Or see what he does?

Beth 73 and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  64. Beth 73

Yes,Kel, I let him have his head today but tonight don’t want to be flirting with lows ....sometimes I wonder if I shouldn’t just let him go as in tonight and see where he ends up...if I’m gonna be up at least have him in blues and/or greens ....hard call to make ...like you said, let’s see what he does after this last MC....and if he keeps misbehaving it’s into the Tardis to become a Canuck !!!

65. Red & Rover (GA)

Put a large supply of strips in the Tardis. Crazy expensive up here. Maybe the maple syrup will be easier on his tummy.

Beth 73 likes this.
  66. Beth 73

If I can get another night or two of solid sleep under my belt I may have a go at initially slowing his roll at the beginning then letting him be ....what do y’all think of that ??? It’s like he’s straining to get to blues and greens...just wish he wouldn’t careen there

67. Beth 73

Will do....strips are cheap here...glad I switched to Relion Prime where I can pop by our local small Wal Mart for supplies...so much easier than ordering strips from ADW

68. MrWorfMen's Mom

While we wait for Elmo to show his next hand, I have another black and white animal dilemma. A peeping Tom or Tomalina!
    This yesterday on the ledge of my living room window.

black white 2.jpg
    blackwhite3.jpg
    blackwhite4.jpg

and then today at basement window
    black white1.jpg

This guy wraps himself around my ankles if I go out to see him. Rolls over for belly rubs and follows me. Makes it darn hard to get in my car unless I walk him around to the other side of the house. Terrified of driving over him. He's in terrific shape so I don't think he's lost and certainly not feral, but I can't help but wonder about him and I fear for his safety. :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Attached Files:

Sonia & Leo, Karen&Rocket and Beth 73 like this.
  69. Beth 73

+4.....171.... think I’ll feed some LC, check in an hour then go to sleep.....how does that plan sound ??? That would be +5 and he nadirs at +7....then leave out LC for overnight @MrWorfMen's Mom @Red & Rover (GA)

70. Beth 73

Oh, my , goodness Linda....that is precious :bighug: Love how Worf is unimpressed

71. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think that sounds good Beth. He's high enough and with more grub he'll be good. At least you get some sleep!

72. Red & Rover (GA)

A cutie for sure, who knows a good thing when he/she sees it.

I once had to put a collar on a peeping tom – "if this is your cat, please call …" Got two phone calls.
    Turns out that the cat started off living about 2 blocks south of us, then upped himself and moved into a house a block and a half NE of us. It was just who he was. He became besties with our tux.

Beth 73 likes this.
  73. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes he's precious. And what a personality! But gees I don't need a territory war starting on my sofa although I have to admit my 2 young'uns seemed to take yesterday's visit all in stride. I keep checking for lost cats in the area and there are none that match. Not sure what to do about him/her.

74. Red & Rover (GA)

I agree with Linda.

I'd like some sleep tonight myself.

Beth 73 likes this.
  75. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh I like that collar idea Kel! Now you've got me thinking!

Beth 73 likes this.
  76. Beth 73

@MrWorfMen's Mom @Red & Rover (GA) Thank you for training me well and sitting up with me ....you two are the best ❤️ Night night from down here in the Ozarks hills and hollers . Sleep tight :bighug:❤️ Btw, Linda, whatever will you name him/ her ;):bighug:

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  77. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Beth you know me too well. If that little critter needs a home he/she has one but I won't steal someone's pet. Gotta sort this out first. Oh if it's a she, she will be named K'ehleyr. Haven't figured out a "he" name yet. :p

Your PJ parties are just too much fun to miss! Sweet dreams all!

Beth 73 likes this.
  78. Beth 73

❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug: Partying with the finest group of folks I know ❤️ Sweet dreams and restful sleep to you both ❤️

Sonia & Leo and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  79. Red & Rover (GA)

G'night.
    I've been thinking that "Thomas the Rhymer" would be a strong contender as a name for any future cat – Rhymer for short.

Lyrics

Beth 73 likes this.
  80. MrWorfMen's Mom

Thanks for the lovely celtic send off to dreamland. Rhymer is cute but I'm not sure it fits. I was thinking perhaps Voyeur. :p

81. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Oh no, not another kitty lol. If you don't find out who he belongs to
    I think he has found a home. That suggestion about putting a collar
    on him with a note isn't a bad idea. How long has he or she been coming around

82. Diane Tyler's Mom

How adorable

83. Diane Tyler's Mom

Beth you just crack me up kick his furry little butt lol. You have the best sense of humor, just like Linda's. If I need a laugh I know exactly where to go. Hope you get a good sleep

Beth 73 likes this.
  84. MrWorfMen's Mom

Saw the cat on my back deck one day late last week and went out to see if it was OK, had collar etc. That was my first excessive greeting from this little one then I didn't see him again until Monday when I caught him/her on the ledge of my front window. Mind you I was out a lot on the weekend so cat could have been hanging around without my knowledge.

85. Diane Tyler's Mom

He's adorable, Like you I wonder if he belongs to any one, Where I live I see so many people posting that they have kitty's hanging around their house and if any one is missing one, or people post that their kitty is missing, It upsets me so much when people let their cat out and didn't come back, Anything can happen to them.Does he or she let you pet him
    You are up early, I'm just waiting to test Tyler and see what flavor his little heart desires @MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  86. MrWorfMen's Mom

I've rubbed the cat's belly and scratched it's back. It circles my feet and then flops over to get pets like a dog. Even the eye contact.....it stares right at me with personal contact and when staring in my window. It's quite the character!

Beth 73 and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  87. Beth 73

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:.....that’s it...it’s fini .. he/she may choose you over an owner that would let such a sweetie roam ❤️

88. Beth 73

@Diane Tyler's Mom My neighbor says” if it’s not fun make it funny” and she is a hoot !,,

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.