10/8 Ming PMPS = 184, +1.5 = 221, +4 = 146, +5 = 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-6-ming-pmps-261-5-256.220162/

I increased last night despite seeing greens the cycle before. My thought process was that I hoped I could nudge Ming out of a bounce and push down those yellow numbers he gets before he goes green.

Please let me know if increasing wasn't a good idea!

Also, he's going to be with me 24/7 this whole week so I thought if anything happened, I'd be there to save him :woot:

Tonight, he'll be getting his blood taken for another specFPL since he stopped pred. Ming is doing very well staying at the hospital during my night shifts :D He eats ALL this raw food!

Also, I'm thinking of continuing my night shifts for another month just to help out my coworker who would rather stay on days. I don't mind but I also fear that by the end of the 2 months, I'll have gone insane from being alone for so long haha!!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think with TR you are supposed to hold the dose a little longer once you see green. You don't want to push him too low by increasing too fast.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well...that's not exactly the way bouncing works...hopefully over time the cycles will settle down somewhat and there will be less bouncing as he gets used to seeing more and more greens (well that's the philosophy anyway)...some kitties are just more bouncy than others...but the liver releases a lot of glycogen into the blood stream which is why you see higher numbers after a low number. It's just his body responding to the low and saying..wow...we need to let go of some of this stored sugar...and out it goes...

I'm glad you'll be keeping a close watch on him - hopefully he'll give you some good numbers. Just remember for next time, if Ming visits the lagoon, you need to start over counting the number of cycles until you can give an increase; on TR, that's only 6 cycles or three full days...just to make sure they've had enough time to build up the depot and give that new dose a change to shake down. If after 6 cycles there have been no green numbers, then it's time to call it and go back up by .25.

Have a wonderful evening Crista!

Sonia & Leo and Crista & Ming like this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I loved the night shift. Did it for 8 yrs. Even though it been decades since I did it, my wake/sleep schedule is still up at night.

Sonia & Leo and Crista & Ming like this.
  5. Crista & Ming

Thanks @Sue and Luci and @carfurby. I think I’ll go back to 5.75 u tonight because he’s had a flat yellow cycle today (will input the numbers in a bit). It was an experiment I wanted to try but the more I thought about it, the more I’m concerned because of his high dose. So I’m chickening out!!! But tonight might be eventful anyway.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Crista & Ming

Ming got his blood taken and it wasn't as fatty/lipemic as before but still fatty. He also did a scarf and barf after dinner :(

7. Crista & Ming

+4 = 146

The sucky thing about Ming at work with me is he won't really eat FF so I hope he surfs safely.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Absolutely a good idea to increase. It had been 10 cycles, TR says to increase with green nadirs after 6-10 cycles. Then you can let Ming tell you when it's not a good idea.:cat:
    You don't need to wait or restart the cycle count if they see green. This post on Counting Cycles talks about the only times you restart the cycle count, which are skipping, reduced dose, fur shot, stalling. Crista didn't do any of those. Ming is also over 5 units total dose, so sometimes a 0.5 unit increase is appropriate. With the nadirs she had been seeing however, a 0.25 unit increase made sense.
    A cat needs however much insulin they need. At 5.75, he wasn't spending much time below renal threshold.

Sue and Luci and Crista & Ming like this.
  9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

❤️:bighug::bighug: Checking in to say goodnight to you and Ming :bighug: Glad Wendy is with you :bighug:

Crista & Ming likes this.
  10. Crista & Ming

Thanks @Wendy&Neko for your insight!

Oh yes, that's a good way for me to think about TR. :D

Thanks Beth! Looks like Elmo is letting you get some well-deserved rest tonight! :bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.