10/9/18 Bailey AMPS 161 +1.5 170 +3 88 +4.45 61/56 +5 66 +5.5 73 +8 128 +10 236 Full dose for PM?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rosie & Bailey, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Condo: 10/8/18 Bailey AMPS 98 +1 133 +3 97 +4 85 +5 93 +11 100. PMPS 127 +2 172

This morning, I had to chase Bailey around the house after she ate in order to give her her shot. This has never happened before. The last two cycles, she surfed at BG in the 90s, and she slept all day.

I don't get it. Shouldn't she have been more energetic with the lower BG. I may not have poked her so many times if she wasn't so sleepy the entire day.

Any ideas?

Wishing all the beans and sugarbabies a spectacular day! If I share some of her energy on this forum, will it make it easier to catch her later?

Original title: 10/9/18 Bailey AMPS 161 +1.5 170 +3 88 +4.2 67/63 +4.45 61/56 +5 66 +5.5 73 Might need help

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Reason for edit: Changed title
  2. Rosie & Bailey

+4.2 Fed her 1 tsp Crave, which is High MC 7% carb
    Don't know if that was right, or what to feed her next.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I can't stay with you, but did you double check that 33? For a number in the 30's, I'd go for something higher carb 15% or above or maybe a drop of karo or two on top. If she's above 50 now and the 33 was a mistake, low carb was a good option.

4. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks Wendy. Yes, 33 was a mistake. Corrected.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

When you wrote FF on your SS - did you mean HC or MC or LC FF? Just wondering - it might be helpful to know what carb content you're feeding in order to make suggestions as to how to bring her up for next test...;)

6. Rosie & Bailey

LC FF. I mixed in High Low carb Crave

So she has 1 tsp 2 carb FF + 7 carb Crave.
    I will update in SS.

Just fed her. She ate about 5 minutes ago.

Thank you!

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

LC is 0-10%. Do you have anything that is higher carbs?

8. Rosie & Bailey

Yes. I have 14% carb

9. Rosie & Bailey

I mixed in gravy and a few pieces of the 14%carb

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

That's what I would have given when you got the 56.

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

But it looks like what you did worked. :D

12. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks. We've never had numbers this low so I didn't know at what point to start feeding a high carb food.
    We test again in 10 minutes.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  13. Rosie & Bailey

AMPS 161 1/2 can 2carb FF
    +1.5 170 1/4 can 2 carb FF
    +3 88 1 tsp 2 carb FF
    +4.2 67/63 1 tsp 7 carb Crave
    +4.45 61/56 1 tsp 7 carb Crave + 2 carb FF mixed
    +5 66 1 tsp 7 carb Crave + 2 carbFF mixed with gravy & few bits of Friskies 14Carb
    +5.5 73 no food
    +6 89
    +6.5 82
    +7 92
    +8 128
    +10 236

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  14. Mandy & Rex (GA)

It looks like everything is good now.

15. Rosie & Bailey

Yeah. Thanks for you help!

16. Wendy&Neko

Just for reference, LC or low carb is 10% or less, medium carb is 11-15% carbs, and HC (high carb) is 16+% carbs. It's also ECID in how carb sensitive they are. Some cats can do with just a medium carb to bring them up, some need really high HC. Keep taking good notes on amount and percent of carbs you give and when, and it'll guide you next time you see lower numbers.

Lovely cycle today.

17. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks Wendy. This had been explained to me. I think when I responded high low carb, I may have confused things. I was also a bit flustered trying to keep track of Bailey (we lost her twice because she kept hiding on us) while updating the SS and thread.

I will label the cans LC, MC, HC as well as with the actual numbers. The less thinking I have to do when her numbers go low, the better it will be, I think.

18. Rosie & Bailey

I was just re-reading the hypoglycemia notes and realized the range was 40-60 with the suggestion to call your vet. I was hung up on 50 as a cutoff so I didn't remember that until re-reading now. Didn't call the vet.

Bailey didn't show any symptoms except for trying to hide under the bed, plus her testing shows her BG on the rise.
    In your experience, would you shoot full dose?

19. Rosie & Bailey

Her BG rose to 319 so I shot full dose.
    Paws crossed.

20. Wendy&Neko

When following TR for dosing, you only reduce if they go under 50 on a human meter, and you have a cat that has been diagnosed less than a year ago. Not sure where you read to call your vet if they go between 40-60. With testing and food, you have the tools to keep your kitty safe.

21. Rosie & Bailey

That's what I thought which is why it didn't dawn on me to call the vet.

The hypoglycemic sticky stressed that it was important to call your vet after a hypoglycemic event. I thought that suggestion applied to Bailey's condition (LOW NUMBERS-WITHOUT SYMPTOMS), but I guess that applies primarily to kitties with symptoms. I took the information too literally.

Thanks for clarifying for me. Still learning, and every time we hit a new milestone, I like to go back to the stickies to confirm my understanding of the guidelines.
    I am thrilled with Bailey's progress, and while I really like and trust my vet, I don't think Bailey would have had as good a chance of going into remission under her guidance.