11/02/2019 PMPS=285,+2=75/35/66,+3=68,+3.5=69,+4=52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would test again in 1 hour to see Salem is still holding the numbers.
    Getting a +11 is a good idea. Hopefully he will have come up because we don't want him to skip a dose.
    What do you think @Sandy and Black Kitty
    Please drive Carefully!

2. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Bron, a +6 is what I just recommended to her as well, but if you guys decide differently, let her know. I am hitting the road. I will pop in here when I get there so you all know I didn't hit a deer :smuggrin: but then I am going to have to get to sleep ASAP.

I sincerely appreciate you all for being here to help! -Sandi

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  3. Tina and Salem

Yes im really very thankful for all of you staying on top of this helping us ! Thank God Sandi came over ! Im very thankful i made a new friend ! Thanks Sandi ! Waiting for her to get home safe !

4. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

PM+11s are great (as are PM+10s). Particularly if you are faced with an AMPS that’s your lowest to date that data can give you a sense of where your kittys BG is heading. Keep in mind that with Lantus you are not shooting the AMPS # , you are shooting at a number 2-3 hours down the road, when Lantus onset occurs.

How long since you checked for ketones?

5. Tina and Salem

6. Tina and Salem

Friday but i couldnt get under him to get a pan of his urine so i ran got a strip and stuck into the litter before the pee soaked up sandi said even though it came out negative for ketone we are not sure its a reliable reading ? Since it should have been pee only . I couldnt catch him going to the litter box so i didnt get a reading yesterday. sandi came over gave him the fluids yesterday ,so he should be urinating now . Hopefully i can get one today . Thats why im checking to order a ketone meter to keep an eye on it . I dnt want him back in the hospital . Hes been through soo much this month

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. Tina and Salem

Im getting 233 now ! Thank God ! See Sandi i am checking again soon in 30 then going to say its safe to go to bed would yall not think so ?
    Its safe to go bed now !

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Great that you are considering a meter to check his blood for the presence of ketones. In the meantime keep trying with the ketostix.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

233 at +7 is safe to get some sleep.

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like the start of a bounce from the low numbers

10. Tina and Salem

Thanks everyone for watching and helping ! Hopefully i can one day know enough to return your help to someone else ! Thanks again night all/Good morning or good afternoon ! Lol thanks Sandi !

11. Tina and Salem

12. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

I just got home now as well folks. I made it home "deer free", not for luck of trying on one young buck's part that ran ahead of me about 10 yards.

Thanks again to everyone for helping to guide us tonight.

I am really concerned about how aggressive we can be in the future based on how poorly Salem reacts to carbs, but being conservative is not well suited for a kitty in DKA recovery. But it is something that we need to keep in mind in some fashion or another. Not eating was the hardest part for me tonight (also his ears also don't bleed very well, and they are black which I am not used to). The nice part with Whispy is that I can pour FF gravy on a wooden stick and he would eat it, and then he responds to the carbs very well.

Good night/morning all.

Best,
    Sandi.

13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So glad everyone made it safely through the night. Good job.