11/07 Buddy AMPS 141 +2 92 +3 62 +4 65 +5 99 +6.3 92 +7 118 +9 130 PMPS 162 +2.5 123

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandra And Buddy (GA), Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning!

Buddy had great numbers yesterday and I am sure he snuck out last night to take a little dip but I slept through my alarm and missed it.

I am considering a dose increase, What do you think?

I also have a hard time getting him to eat 1/4 can in 1 sitting, He will eat about half of it and then I have to chase him down with the bowl and sit with him so he will eat the rest. Would just splitting it up even more like 1/8 can ever other hour or so be ok to do? (of course there are those odd times when he will devour 1/4 can and ask for more.)

ETA: I have 4 other cats. :) I am working on switching them all over, but even after that, I also have a dog, so no food can be left out.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I can’t answer re: the dosecrease but I don’t think you have to worry if Buddy doesn’t eat right away, if you leave the 1/4 can out will he come back to it later? As long as he’s eating through the day it should be alright :)

3. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

I guess I should add that I have 4 other cats. :) I am working on switching them all over, but even after that, I also have a dog, so no food can be left out.

4. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

5. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

92 at +2 woo! early green start!

So now my first reaction is to NOT feed him, He got his meal at AMPS 1/4 can, but if I feed him now it will knock him out of green. Maybe just see if he is lower at +3 then feed. UGH! IDK!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That is a nice drop and @+2 could indicate an active cycle. I would have just given him a tsp of LC to slow him down and help him to surf a bit.

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  7. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Yeah its a struggle, Haha, don't want him to drop to fast but don't want to send him back to the blues either. :/

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Wish he would surf just a little bit longer!

9. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Wow! Nice long stretch!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Often a small bit of LC when they first hit green can actually help them surf the nice green numbers.

I think Buddy made his position known on the idea of an increase. :D:p Not much room for an increase with nadirs in the 60’s.

11. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Yep that is what I was thinking too! Hope he keeps this up!

12. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I want one too! (But why? Lol As Ming is the king of this house and has all of us eating out of his paws.)

I think it would be a good investment. Meanwhile, maybe Buddy needs some alone time in another room away from the rest of the crew if leaving out food is the only option.

13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow Sandra and Buddy!! Very nice! :D:D:D

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today. :D:D:D