11/13 Ravan/amps71/+6 92/pmps99/+6 122/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Nov 13, 2019.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-12-ravan-amps97-8-59-pmps119-6-117.221621/

Ravan had a bad seizure last night It lasted nearly 3 mins & after he was panting & crying for over 30 mins.

An hour later Peggy Sue had a mild seizure. I was holding her & she took a long slow breath & died in my arms. She was doing OK during the day. She ate baby food several times & even used the litter box. You just never can be prepared for this. I'm happy I had so much time to spend with her.I am taking it very hard. We spent so much time together I will miss her terribly.

Now Ravan is not doing well. I made an appt for blood work next week.
    Alice was vomiting yesterday. It looks like I might lose all my babies sooner than I expected.

I am devastated.

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Oh no. I'm sooo sorry for your loss. I'm sorry Ravan and Alice are having some issues too. My goodness my heart goes out to you:bighug: Prayers for you and your lil furry ones:bighug::bighug:

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Omg, I am soooooooo sorry to hear about Peggy Sue, my heart goes out to you and I am sending prayers to Ravan and Alice,

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my :( Joy I am so terribly sorry to hear that Peggy Sue passed...my heart is broken over this sad news. May she fly gently across the bridge to be with all the other GA's - she's at peace now and is resting. Please find solace in the fact that she will suffer no longer and that you were able to spend as much time with her as you did. We are all only here for a short amount of time.

I'm also sorry to hear that the other kitties have problems now too. I wonder if they are symbiotic...when one is sick, they are all sensitive to that and also become ill.

Sending you prayers and hugs during this very difficult time...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Dear Joy, my heart is breaking for you -- I am offering up prayers for you right now. I am sorry a million times over. You, dear lady, as hard as this is, love yourself. Don't stop Yoga or the health club.
    So many tears for you. Peggy Sue was so beautiful and so very well loved. You were her angel, and now she is yours. So much love to you and Ravan and Alice.

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh JoyBee I am so sorry for your loss of Peggy Sue. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I'm also sorry to hear that Ravan and Alice are not feeling well. Sending many vines to your babies and more of these to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so so sorry. It's never easy to lose one of our furbabies. At least she was in your loving arms. I hope things improve with Ravan and Alice. Fly free Peggy Sue. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. JoyBee&Ravan

Thank you for your kind words but I need to tell you Peggy Sue was NEVER suffering! I would have never let that happen. She was eating & using the litter box yesterday & never showed any indication of having pain. The only supplements she was getting were fish oil & a few drops of CBD oil.
    If she had being having pain I had Bupe but never felt she needed it yet.

I'm very glad I didn't have her euthanized as several people advised me to do. The last 6 months were more difficult for me than for her. I'm just sad I couldn't have done more to help her.I will miss her terribly.
    I wanted her to live as long as "she" wanted & not take her life when I decided. She died peacefully in my arms when she was ready.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

Thanks for the call Jamie. It means a LOT to me.:bighug:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

((((((Joy)))))))) I am so very sorry to be reading about Peggy Sue. How very sad for her to die in your arms , but at least she left to continue her journey knowing she was surrounded with your everlasting love.

Fly Free , Peggy Sue , land softly. cat_wings>o

And poor Ravan having a seizure last night too. You really had a rough night and I am sending lots of vines of comfort. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{Joybee}}} I am so sorry to hear about Peggy Sue. I am glad she didn't suffer and that she was with you at home.:bighug::bighug:

Feel better Ravan.

12. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Very very sorry to learn about your loss. Please take care of yourself, Raven and Alice continue to need your loving care
    :bighug::bighug:

:bighug::bighug:

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Joybee

I am so very, very sorry for your loss and send our deepest condolences. I know you are extremely careful with what your kitties are exposed to but is there any chance (because all three had/are having issues) that they could have somehow been exposed to something that might not ordinarily affect them but because of health issues, might have? Just asking. Again, I know you are extremely cautious and research all you give them.

Again, I’m terribly sorry.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  14. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

JoyBee I’m so very sorry to hear about Peggy Sue. It’s so difficult to lose one of our babies. You gave her a great life and she passed knowing true love. Fly Free Sweet Peggy Sue :rb_icon:

Sending vines for Ravan and Alice, and tons of hugs for you:bighug:

15. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I am so so so saddened and sorry to hear about Peggy Sues passing. I can only imagine how devastated you are but please remember that you provided such an amazing life for her. What a gift that she was able to choose her time to cross the rainbow bridge and what a relief that you never had to make that decision. I’m so happy for Peggy Sue that she got to spend her last moments with the person who loved her the most, in such a difficult situation that is truly a blessing.

Dear Peggy Sue, fly free and land softly you beautiful girl you will be greatly missed cat_wings>o

16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Joy, I was visiting Tina and Jan’s condo when Jan said she was still crying about you and I knew then that something very bad happened and I was almost afraid to go read your post.

I’m so very very sorry you had to say goodbye to Peggy Sue last night, but glad she was in your arms when it happened. She was such a lucky kitty to have spent her whole life with you and Ravan and Alice. It was so obvious how much you loved her when we watched you move heaven and earth to find a way to help her with her mouth cancer. Even when the vets had no more answers you didn’t give up and researched for day and days, I’m sure everyone remembers this very well. You were able to come up with a plan to help her despite what the vets said and you insisted that it could be done. And it did work, you gave her more time to spend with you and Ravan and Alice. Because of you, she was able to have a last summer playing outside in the sun with you and her siblings. I know how devastated you are right now but Ravan and Alice need you to be strong for them, now more than ever. RIP little Peggy Sue, you will be missed by so many of us.

Sending you love, peace and comfort and healing vines for Ravan and Alice. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. JoyBee&Ravan

As you said I'm very careful. I only use vinegar to clean with &Purified water for all of us. I don't even use anything on my grass for over 15years. This was a litter of 5 & by the time they were a year old they all has immune problems. Vet said the mother cat was feral & the kittens must all have gotten from her.

They seemed to out grow it & were very healthy all these years. Sparky had heart problems & died of a heart attack when he was 12 yrs old, Jai had melanoma on his lip & died at 13 yrs Clarise died suddenly after from unknown cause. Then Ravan with Diabetes,kidney disease & High blood pressure.Now Seizures!

Peggy Sue had a small seizure right as she was dying she never had anything like that before it was kinda a quivering so I'm not even sure it was a seizure.

The only thing all 3 were getting was fish oil & 2 drops of CBD oil. I even stopped giving Ravan the CBD because it was causing him to be hungry all the time,he had gained weight. I think the cbd oil was helping with the seizures. I'm going to start giving it again.
    Ravan also gets vit B-12 & E I give Slippery elm occasionally so they don't get constipated. I'm sure their problems came from the mother feral cat. Not from anything they were given.

Thank you for the kind words.

(can you help with a computer issue?) Sporadically When
    I try to correct spelling a small blue box shows up & as I try to correct it keeps deleting the next letter. This only happens on this web site It's happening now that's why some of the words smashed together.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Again, I’m truly sorry and I hope Ravan and Alice are much better.

If you mean a blue box shows up as you are typing on the board, you might want to PM the webmaster although as far as I know, that issue has not been brought up by anyone so it might be a software issue on your end. If it’s on the SS, please PM me so I can get more details.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  19. AmandaE

It sounds to me like you might have hit the 'insert' button by accident. Sometimes I hit it when I'm trying to delete something.

The insert key is usually found beside the delete button and page up / page down buttons on the upper right hand side of the keyboard. Once it's hit, the insert key can go into 'over write' mode where it would do exactly what you described. When this happens next time, try hitting the 'insert' key again which should turn it off. (if that is actually what is happening)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  20. JoyBee&Ravan

Thank you, I don't think I did but right now anything is possible! I'll watch what I'm doing & see if it helps.

21. AmandaE

definitely worth a shot, it's very easy to hit it when you're pressing delete... it might not be the issue though... just sounds the same as the insert key :)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  22. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Joy :bighug::bighug: I feel sooo sooo sad for you; I have tears in my eyes... we're never prepared for those moments! The only thing I can say is that Peggy Sue had such a wonderful life with you, she was loved and spoiled; you cared so much for her till the end and respected her, she was your sweet little girl and she knew!! :)
    It was nice for both of you that her last moments were in your arms! She's your little angel watching over you now!

I hope Ravan and Alice will be better! Sometimes kitties feel what's coming up before we know it ...!

Sending you all my love and comfort! :bighug::bighug:

23. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Sonia put into words what I've been thinking and knowing. If and when you might like, I'd love to see more pictures. Tina has been scratching a tree lately when I go with her in the yard. Didn't you post a picture of Peggy Sue doing that? I was surprised she was red, and only if you feel like it, at any time - I, and likely everyone, would enjoy seeing her, and Alice and Ravan too :)
    Always in my heart - you were known and loved little Peggy Suecat_wings>o We'll see you later, whenever the time for us comes.

24. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

So sorry Peggy Sue decided it was time to leave. Hope Raven and Alice feel better soon.

Take care of you too. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  25. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

So sad to see this about little Peggy Sue.:bighug: It sounds like she was happy even in her last hours and had the love and security of her momma's embrace even in her last moments. I'm very sorry for your big loss; life feels so different after something like this. Sending vines of well-being for you as well as for Ravan and Alice.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  26. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Joy, I’m so sorry to read about sweet Peggy Sue. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I know how very much you loved her and that you did absolutely everything to help her. I’m glad she was in your arms feeling your love when she left. Prayers and hugs for you, Ravan and Alice.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  27. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

28. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Oh Nancy :bighug::bighug:. I am so sorry to read this. Many hugs.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.