11/16 Govie amps 386/+5 305/ pmps 333

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

2. Govies mom (Karen)

I am out of ideas for reasons..

3. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I can only wonder if there are some dips hiding in the blank spots of your SS. I don't know that there are, but it is possible. For instance, on 11/13, the PMPS was 166. That was the lowest in almost two weeks. Quite possibly Govie went lower that night (there are no tests, so just speculating), and bounced in the morning. Is there a day when you can do a 12 hour curve? It might help to see where she is at different times of the day (or night).

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I agree with Tricia, finding time to run a 12 hour curve would be helpful.

Is there anyway you can grab a test just before you head to bed in the pm cycle? +1+2+3+4 Whatever it is it would be really helpful, you are doing a good job of getting a test in the am cycle, but with next to nothing in the pm cycle it makes it hard to know what to do next.
    Govie, made it to blue on this dose so it makes us suspicious that he may be up to shenanigans somewhere in the pm cycle.

5. Govies mom (Karen)

You know what Tricia you're right. After I give her her night time dose which is usually between 10 and 11 p.m., she will fall asleep, and though I'm sleeping next to her I don't want to wake her up and by the time she would wake up I fall asleep. There are times when I've gotten up to go to the bathroom and she is up and I'll give her a test which you'll see on my SS though it's not often but I try and do it as often as the situation presents itself. Tomorrow I am getting the longer needles, I've been using the shorter ones because I'm on Social Security and can only get out shopping when I have the money. So I had run out of the longer ones, and have been using the shorter ones. I will do a curve once I get established making sure I get the right dose in her

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I totally get not wanting to wake her, I felt the same when George was resting peacefully. So I would just test him wherever he was resting, he would normally barely stir.

What time are you up in the morning? Could you get a +8/+9

I originally started the TFS on a 10am/10pm schedule, I soon changed it to a 7am/7pm, I go to bed at around 11, so I could easily get a+4 every night before bed. I would TFS at 7am, if it had been a particularly long night I'd go back to bed for an hour or two once the fifties family were fed and watered.

7. Govies mom (Karen)

I can't get up in the morning, so in order to keep the 12 hour schedule, I have to keep the times as they are. I'm just concerned that we're not like 100 points lower

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the link to your second post today. Normally we just start one post, and change the subject line if we have a second question. Here is what you asked:
    Are you weighing Govie regularly, maybe once every week or two? How much does she weigh compare to her ideal weight? If she's a little light, and it's more than two hours before her preshot, you can give her a little low carb, or ideally zero carb snack. You don't want to feed many carbs after nadir, as the insulin action is slowing then and more carbs will just shorten the duration even more. Some people will feed freeze dried treats, or a little boiled or baked chicken breast as a light carb snack.

9. Govies mom (Karen)

Apologies..I did that bc I answered the last post, but it was on yesterday's condo..so it bumped it up. I'm not sure how to reply to a post from a certain member on the next days condo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.