11/17 Ovie PMPS:468

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KATIE&ovie, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Nice cycle yesterday! Hope he gets more bounce clearing skills and does it faster. Paws crossed for a good vet visit and not too much stress. I would think because of the beautiful greens just yesterday, you would hold this dose for a bit, but hopefully more experienced eyes will chime in.

KATIE&ovie and Gill & George like this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Very nice cycle! I also think you want to hold because of the greens and the bounce, but my eyes only have 5 months' of experience ;), so let's see what others say.

KATIE&ovie and Gill & George like this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Morning, sending vetty vines, hope all goes well.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

As for the dose, as Alicia and Stacy have both said, yes you hold the dose, for now.

When we look at making dosing decisions we ignore the bounces and look at the nadirs, we ask ourselves, 'How low is this dose taking kitty?', in Ovi's case he's got down to 65 yesterday, so not much room for an increase there.
    So as long as he is getting nadir is staying in those 60's, you would hold the dose, hopefully the longer he spends in green the less bouncy he will become, some kitties bounce more than others, some get over the bouncing sooner than others too.
    If you see those nadirs trending up, then you might consider an increase.

Looking at amps, it's lower than his +3, might be he will get of the trampoline sooner rather than later, their numbers can bobble about a bit when they bounce so don't be surprised if he heads up again this morning, you may also find that he has a vet induced sugar spike (though it won't be long lasting), when I took George to the vets(this was at a point when he was very well regulated and his BG running between 50-90 during all his cycle) he was 80 at home(I tested just before leaving) and 150 at the vet, back down to 80 a few hours later, which isn't bad as vet induced sugar spikes goes.

5. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

Thank you guys. Ov did well at the vet. He gained a half pound since his pancreatitis.

I tested him before we left at what would be +2 and he was 310. And checked him after his appt at +3 and he was 146. So I wonder.. is that BG of 146 with a stress induced BG spike? Hmm.

I think onset for him is typically around +3. I talked to his vet and sent him the spreadsheet via email. He said he'd take a look at it. Like you guys said hold the dose. He did say he is not versed in depth on diabetic care though. I mentioned tight regulation protocol. He said he has an internal medicine friend he wants to chat with.

Thank you for the clarification on his dosing. And the insight on his bouncing. :cat:

6. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

+5:136 :cool:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Nice work, Ovie! Glad he put some weight back on and doesn't seem like he was too bothered about the vet BG wise! :cat:

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Nice work getting backnto blue Ovie:cool:

Some kitties, just to be different, experience a dropmin BG when stressed.

Though it looks more like Ovie just wanted to hit the beach today, and that was the overiding factor.

Ovie seems to announce his bounce clearing by soaring up into red and taking a high dive. (Don't let him read this or he'll change what he does:D)

Stacy & Asia and KATIE&ovie like this.
  9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Some nice blues today. :cool::cool::cool:

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pretty blues. Good on the weight gain, and having a vet who is willing to admit to his limitations.

Neko often dropped her BG at the vet.

KATIE&ovie likes this.
  11. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

He's pretty chill. He's done a lot of traveling in his life. He's like car ride to the vet? Whatevs lol!

12. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

You're right. He soared back into red for his +11. Lol. His BG is 444

13. KATIE&ovie

KATIE&ovie Member

I do like him for that. He told me he was going to do more research and talk with his internal medicine friend.

The vet also really likes the forum's spreadsheet. He told me told he loves my colorful charts I send him viable email. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.