11/19 Gizmo PMPS 232, +1=240, +2=211, +3=217, +4=227, +5=208 *DOSE INCREASE TO 1.75U*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Ok, there will be no drama today - after yesterday's shenanigans. I had a serious talk with Gizmo while getting his food ready this morning.

AMPS 288

I owe a debt of gratitude to all that gave me support, advise and friendship yesterday.
    @carfurby @Doodles & Karen @Gill & George @Bobbie And Bubba @Wendy&Neko @jayla-n-Drevon

^^^:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:^^

I am not sure I would have gotten thought that without you guys.

I am just going to keep an eye on him today and if necessary run him to the vet if anything weird happens.

He ate all his food last night and a good healthy appetite this morning. No obvious signs of diarrhea but I just rolled out of bed and ran down stairs to feed, test and shoot.

Have a great Caturday beans.

Kitties - play nice and don't give your beans heart attacks. Praying for Blues and Greens for all.

jayla-n-Drevon and Gill & George like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to see yellow this morning. I hope Gizmo is over whatever was bothering him yesterday. I saw you have dose? on your SS for tonight's dose. I think if you don't see green today, you can increase the dose tonight to 1.75 units.

This morning you may want to make sure you get a +1 and a +2 since he is coming down from those high numbers last night. He could zoom down today.

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lizzie, it 4:30 AM in TX! Wow are you an early riser! I am glad that Gizmo is doing better and prudent to keep an eye on things. Like Carla said, get a +1 or +2 to see how active this cycle can be.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Here's a thought: Google the sedative you gave him yesterday and see if diarrhea is one of the side effects. Maybe it is.

5. LizzieInTexas

@Gill & George provided this link yesterday on Torbugesic https://www.vetinfo.com/cat-pain-relief-torbutrol.html

It dose have diarrhea as a side effect but it has never caused it before with him. He had the diarrhea before I have him the little dose yesterday.

Really, the only time I have had any diarrhea issues with Gizmo was when he was a kitten and he had Giardia (OMG that was horrible) and just a couple of other times that I believe may have been triggered by a food change (and it was very minimal). No meds have ever bothered him - ever. If anything he has the opposite problem (too hard/constipation) but never to the extreme but enough that it is in his file at the vets.

After the excitement of getting tested, fed and shot this morning I gave him a little bit and picked him up to give him loveins. He snuggled up to me and began to purr - so that made me feel better. I don't want him to just associate me and my hands as tools to torture him with testing and poking.

I know. It sucks - the things we do for our furbabies. :). And I am on vacation. And it is Saturday. I am more of a morning person anyways but last night, after all the stress and high anxiety I just crashed. Those blacks scared the crap out of me - and he just kept going up-up-up. But I am committed to this and want to get him regulated and in remission (if possible).

+1 300

Just an interesting note - yesterday's high temp was 79* - this morning it is 47* Our first real cold front hit yesterday afternoon. It feels so good. I am going to pull the space heater out of the garage and get it going - Gizmo loves to lay in front of it.

6. LizzieInTexas

Just saw this - I am going to play it by ear - but agree. Got to keep moving forward. Just need to make sure no more diarrhea or any vomiting. If that is the case he is going to get a trip to the vetty - I told him as much this morning while getting food/shot ready. He hates going to the vet:eek: - so he should behave today. :rolleyes:

7. LizzieInTexas

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better. L&LL is the best place to be and we can all relate on the emotional support as well as guidance on FD. Doodles was higher than he's been in forever yesterday with a bounce. Yep, I was in tears by the end of the day :( It's really hard on us when they don't feel well. We say they to remember they are more than their numbers but some days that's hard too.

Lets see what you can do today buddy and enjoy the extra snuggles. Play a little too :cat:

9. LizzieInTexas

:bighug::bighug:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

It's looking like he could slide down some today. :) We can all relate to the frustration and anxiety of this dance. I was an absolute basket case last weekend when Bubba, my hog/cat would not eat for me..........Thanks God for this forum of support and suggestion or I would have gone bonkers. :rolleyes: ( more bonkers)

If you want to change the shot schedule to a more reasonable hour, you can make each cycle 15 minutes earlier or 30 minutes earlier once a day until you get it to the time you want. Maybe this is the time you need for your work schedule, just a suggestion.

11. LizzieInTexas

This is the case. It allows a +1-+1.5 AM test and +4-+5 tests in the evenings when working.

12. Bobbie And Bubba

That makes sense. @jayla-n-Drevon , she can sooooo relate to the same routine. You are a great Bean!

jayla-n-Drevon and LizzieInTexas like this.
  13. LizzieInTexas

+4 264

Much, much better. Whew. Not great but I'll take it. :smuggrin:

Will retest @ +6 (before his snack).

No poo in yet - but no diarrhea - Who thought we would be discussing poo before most of us have even had b-fast. SMH - haha.

jayla-n-Drevon and Gill & George like this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

Good news no diarrhea! After Bubba has a bout of diarrhea, it's not uncommon that he will skip a day and have no poop. Yes, where else can we discuss cat poop? :rolleyes:

15. LizzieInTexas

Well, dealing with big city traffic you just never know. I can skirt around most issues if need be - but hubby works on the other side of town and must take the freeways. I can't rely on him at all during the week. I only work 12.2 miles from work but it can take me 30-40 min to get back/forth.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for no diarrhea. I hope you get normal poo soon.

17. LizzieInTexas

+6 230

Do humans bounce? Just curious.

What do ya'll do with regard to disposal of used needles?

18. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

I save them up in big gallon ziplock bags and drop them off at my vets, my syringes the needle doesn't come off. When I did subQ fluids twice a day I saved them in 2L soda or juice bottles and took back to vets. Some pharmacies will take in sharps containers full of used needles

19. LizzieInTexas

20. LizzieInTexas

21. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi :)
    I just want to throw this out there... when you do see your vet maybe you can let him/her know that you are educating yourself on FD and have a great support group. Maybe the vet will give you the common drugs that we often need in a pinch-
    cerenia-ondansetron-cypro-sq fluids-bud for pain or torb- (just for example)
    this way if it is a weekend or evening you may be able to avoid a "situation"
    My vets admits he knows very little about FD-in fact he calls me for input sometimes.:rolleyes:
    I was just thinking how often these have really alleviated what could have been a emergency visit.:smuggrin:
    Looking really good today!!

22. LizzieInTexas

for historical purposes
    AMPS 288, +1=300, +2=332, +4=264, +6=230, +8=282, +10=237

PMPS 232

DOSE INCREASE TO 1.75U

I have a theory on the grey poo - I think it may be the switch to 2 cans of the Foul Ball - I started out with 1 can of FB to 2 cans of FF (24 hr) and after little to no affect on his BS I switched to 2 cans FB with 1 can of FF (24 hr).

He did poo - almost normal, a bit soft - but still grey.

Without looking - someone said it could be liver(?) issues - but that wouldn't necessarily be overnight - right?

Anyway - if you look on my SS I switched to the new "formula" on 11/14 PM feedings - so maybe?

I ordered the Renal K powder today and it will be here Monday. I will call vets and ask for dosing - since he is at the low end of potassium at his last bloodwork (10/18) - him being on it for a week or so won't hurt him. He has been pretty inactive today- but not hiding or isolating himself. He ate all food.

Pray he does alright with this dose tonight and at least through tomorrow a.m. Daddy is going to take over AM test, feed and shoot for me (YAY) so I can sleep in a bit.

23. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Work the dosecrease Gizmo!

24. LizzieInTexas

@jayla-n-Drevon

Here is what is in my arsenal:
    Cerenia (16mg)
    generic Zantac (Ranitidine) (75mg) - dose 1/8th tab
    Mirtazapine 7.5mg (1/4-1/2 tab)
    Torbugesic Oral (0.58mL - though I only give him 0.1-0.2)

Slipery Elm Bark (scant 1/8th teaspoons) (gave yesterday AM and today PM)

^^above is only as needed and is rarely given - in fact I haven't given him any except the small dose of Torb yesterday since April 2016 (last panc flare)

He gets 1.0 ml of Joint Purr-Fection AM & PM meals. He also gets PancrePlus (1/8 teaspoon/3oz food).

His current food is 2 cans Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Au Jus Canned Cat Food (3.2oz) and 1 can Fancy Feast Classic Turkey & Giblets Feast Canned Cat Food (3 oz) mixed together for a 24 hour period (AM, +3, +6, PM +3, +6)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  25. LizzieInTexas

+1 240 (tested a little early by mistake - 10 min)

Work it - but not too hard :) I don't have the stamina tonight.

jayla-n-Drevon and Osha like this.
  26. LizzieInTexas

27. LizzieInTexas

+3 217

Staying real flat - he isn't getting ready to drop really fast or something? Sorry - my anxiety is back BIG time. I am so tired and jumpy from yesterday that everything is freaking me out.

28. LizzieInTexas

29. LizzieInTexas

+5 208

AMPS and +1, & +2 will probably be posted late tomorrow I am going to try and sleep in a bit and hubby will be getting up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.