? 11/20 Mačka AMPS 354, +4 189, +5 134, +6 111, +7 104, PMPS 297 New Lantus pen was not in the fridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

AmandaE likes this.
  2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Keep working it Mačka!! you're doing great!!

Have a great day at work Penelope!

3. Penelope and Mačka

+5 134 :eek:

I was planning on increasing tonight/tomorrow, what should I do? These are ok nadir numbers for SLGS, correct?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Strictly speaking, this fits in the SLGS guidelines. However, 11 cycles between nice blue numbers isn’t really a great dose. You have some leeway to make some changes to SLGS guidelines o make it work for Mačka, once you have enough data on him. If he was getting low blues every few cycles, I would be more inclined to hold the dose. I’d really like to see him ditch those black and red numbers, and eventually pink. He won’t do that on this dose.

5. Penelope and Mačka

Yes, I understand. Thanks for the feedback!

I'll take a +6 in 5 minutes and see where he's at. I reallllly have to go to work now :/

6. Wendy&Neko

He should be good with food left out for him.

7. Penelope and Mačka

8. Wendy&Neko

He’s slowing down, should be good with food. Nice cycle today, just wish he had them more often.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Very nice numbers today! Now if we could just get Macka to listen to Auntie Wendy and give you those nice blue numbers almost every day...then you'd know that he's getting a good dose...no more high number Macka! Be good for mama!

10. Penelope and Mačka

Loool yes he listened :) +7 104 and I am still at home, that's bad for me argh, this time I really have to go, I'll have to leave him with tons of food out. Hopefully that was the last stretch and he's gonna go up again.

11. Penelope and Mačka

What do you think I should do then? I am confused as to wether increase or not after today’s numbers or still switch to Levemir? Tonight is the last time I use the Lantus vial. There’s just enough for a final withdraw :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  12. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice blue day for Macka! Hope he keeps it up!

13. Penelope and Mačka

He just had a yellow for PMPS!! 297, crazy!

14. Wendy&Neko

That MC at +7 wasn’t necessary. He was essentially flat at that point. And it could have shortened his duration causing him to zoom up to to PMPS. Of course, he could be bouncing too. :rolleyes: One thing this cycle did show you, is that sometimes he has a good response to Lantus.

15. Penelope and Mačka

I know... I just couldn't leave the house because I was worried.

I have a question: I have this brand new Lantus pen, that I kept in a drawer until tonight. Did I make a mistake and should have kept it in the fridge since I bought it?

16. Wendy&Neko

We do suggest storing unopenen Lantus pens in the fridge. How long since you got it?

17. Penelope and Mačka

Since mid August :( I didn’t know or think, until I saw my Levemir pens in the fridge and realized that the Lantus one wasn’t! I might have enough juice for tomorrow morning shot, but maybe not.

18. Wendy&Neko

Ugh, maybe back to plan B, start Levemir.