11/24 Texas Gizmo PMPS=140, +2=136, +3.5=126, +4.5=108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11/23 (bad day)

AMPS=117

He ate his +7.5 overnight (so he did eat everything yesterday but just took a lot of encouragement and coxing). Ate his breakfast with enthusiasm, weaving between my legs, talking to me the entire time I made up his feeder. Purred through his test/food and shot.

Small poo overnight. I did catch him drinking water from his water bowls a couple of times yesterday.

/anti-jinx/ maybe have turned the corner? /anti-jinx/

We are doing our turkey today and have company coming over. I just hope it isn't detrimental to his eating and feeling better.

Happy Black Friday - good shopping (if you are into that - I AM NOT! YUCK).

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is eating better this morning and purring. I hope he continues to feel better. Sending prayers. Enjoy the turkey.

3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start today! :D I hope he continues the eating pattern and remains content.

4. LizzieInTexas

At about 85% of his +2.5 snack. Coming up on the +4.5 - fingers crossed. Will get another dose of Ondansteron and 1/2 Canna and some pain meds after that and then will give another Cerenia, Ondansteron this evening at +2.5 and pain meds at +4.5 tonight.

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Gizmo seems to be feeling better. Hope he continues to do well. Enjoy your company tonight!
    I'm with you on Black Friday shopping ... I don't go near the stores today or all weekend if I can avoid it. :p

6. LizzieInTexas

There is a little place north of us that has a bunch of small, specialty shops. They decorate old fashion and have horse drawn carriges. Lots of neat stuff and gets you in the holiday spirit. We like to go and walk around and do a little shopping and have lunch. Probably go tomorrow but it is completely different than the black Friday stuff and malls.

http://oldtownspring.com/gallery-2/?album=1&gallery=4

7. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Well, this is heartening news. Well done, Gizmo.

Black Friday? Not in this life, nor any other.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed for continuing improvement. Love the leg weaving at fuds time. :cool: Did you ever get an answer about the egg yolk? Just curious.

Happy turkey day. I looked at the website you linked. I picked a random photo to click on, and it was the pet bakery.:) Looks cute.

9. LizzieInTexas

Yes I did! I just received it earlier today. I am going to post two things - the response(s) from Food Fur Life:
    I replied and asked how that 14mg was comparative to the %'s in food and my concern for CKD kitties and this was Food Fur Life's response (today):
    I had also posted over on Tanya's forum asking the same thing - which lead to a very interesting thread. I would just link but it is a closed group by invitation only.

One response:
    Another
    response to a query on lecithin:
    Someone asked about the Lecithin:
    Remember the private conversation you and I had in regards to Phospholipds??
    Here was the response which I found very interesting:
    So I kinda got two answer for the price of one - without even asking about the Phospholipds.

Interesting huh?

10. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Good news from this morning! Hope Gizmo continues the upswing today.
    That area of Spring looks really cool. Glad to know the small businesses have recovered enough from the floods to continue some of their traditions. Hope you all have a great Turkey day today :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wow, lots of good information! It did seem like a small amount of phosphorus for the dose you give. Are you going to give it, or go for the lecithin?

12. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=140

History:
    AMPS=117, +2=105, +4=94, +6=149, +11=116

Shot a drop or so skinny - given his off-appy. He did eat all of his PS meal! Will give Ondansteron, Cerenia and 1/2 Canna at +2 when I test. More pain meds at +4.5 after he eats.

13. LizzieInTexas

Yes. I am going to try it. He will have to have more bw done to test for RBC and potassium after the first of the year so I will see how it impacts his numbers. Got notification from FFL that it has shipped so should be here next week.

14. LizzieInTexas

Not sure what to do. He ate his PS food but barley ate any of his +2.5 snack. I did manage to get him to eat just plain Fowl Ball (about 2 tablespoons). Will try a bit more in an hour. He is alert but not real active. Got the nausea meds into him. I guess I will give the pain meds after I try and get him to eat a bit more in an hour.

Any suggestions??

Seriously considering a vet visit tomorrow but it would have to be to the emergency vet office/hospital as my vets are not available (office still closed due to Harvey floods). I checked him and he may be a bit dehydrated but not severely (if at all).

15. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending eating and feel better vines for Gizmo.
    :bighug:

16. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I do have one idea. Pain medications tend to depress the appetite. Is it possible that he might need a bit less canna?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.