11/24 Triton AMPS 482 +3 303

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by TritonMom, Nov 24, 2019.

1. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Day 3 on Lantus and it has been 3 hours since his dose of 1.5u.

His BG is high as expected....:(

I realized that being consistent is important and ECID. I tried to give him 4health (due to financial reasons) as an alternative to Fancy Feast but because of his numbers, I stopped. His numbers look decent when he only eats Fancy Feast like on 11.14 and 11.17.

In the morning of Day 1 (11.22) for his morning shot, I gave him half a can of grain free 4health Chicken and Whitefish (2.75oz 0g of carbs). Half a can of FF Chicken Feast for his morning snacks. In the afternoon, he was given the same. Total of 1 can of 4health and FF Chicken (8.5 oz a day).

His numbers looked a bit high for those cycles but I know it was because of Lantus but might also be because of the food choice.

On Day 2 (11.23) in the morning, I did give him half a can of 4health again and half a can of FF Chicken Classic to snack. However, for his afternoon shot, I gave him 1 can of FF Classics and .5 a can as snack after 3 hours post shot.

His AMPS number today (day 3) is lower than Day 1 and 2 and that makes me happy but I am still worried. I will continue to give him Fancy Feast only but should I increase his dose for tomorrow? Or should I hold the dose for a few more days? Any thoughts on his daily food intake?

Briere Fur Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Here's your last condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-22-triton-amps-556-dosing-help.221980/ You want to link your previous thread every time you make a new one so people can follow up :)

Anyway, hi Giselle!

I'm not sure what the carb content is for 4health but if it's under 10%, it is acceptable. I think with time and data gathering, you'll understand how different percentages of carbs/brands of food affect Triton's BG.

Triton's PMPS on Day 2 was most likely a result of being yellow during the AM cycle. We call that bouncing. He wasn't used to the "lower" numbers (lower than usual FOR HIM) so his body compensated by dumping sugar from the liver. He might still be bouncing right now and it can take up to 6 cycles to clear.

Once you pick a dosing method, others will be able to help you with whether the dose needs to be adjusted :) Not to be a creep or anything, but I already see that you're viewing the dosing method thread so let us know which method you're thinking of doing once you've had a (couple) of reads!

3. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Hi Krista!

Thanks for your input.

You are not being a creep at all lol

I am thinking TR because I am flexible to be at home currently.

4. Crista & Ming

That's great! Can you put TR on your signature?

I'm not 100% confident with giving dose advice but I think the next thing you should do is hold the dose for one more cycle so that you've given 1.5u for at least 6 cycles. Maybe something might happen tonight since you've issued a dosecrease threat to Triton! :D With TR, you can adjust the dose as much as every 6 cycles.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

I will update my signature.

I will give this dose one more cycle! Should I increase it by .25 or .50?

6. Crista & Ming

Since Triton is seeing yellows, it would be safer to increase by 0.25u.

But someone with more knowledge and experience may say otherwise :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with Crista - an increase is in order for Triton - switching to TR if you're home and there no kibble in Triton's bowl - you should be good to go. Let's hope the next dose increase will help to get Triton down into some better numbers! Great job!

8. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Thank you Sue! His PM cycle is looking no different than his AM cycle. I will increase his dose by .50 tomorrow.

9. Crista & Ming

No I believe you should be increasing by 0.25u. His nadirs are still under 300.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hold on a minute. Triton is new to Lantus so we have to build the depot first. From the Sticky Note which describes the TR dosing method:

Hold the initial starting dose for 5 - 7 days (10 - 14 consecutive cycles) unless the numbers tell you otherwise. Kitties experiencing high flat curves or prone to ketones may want to increase the starting dose after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles).

Tonight was cycle 6, you still have a couple more days to go before you increase, unless you are seeing ketones. I hope you are testing daily? Please put the results of the ketones tests on the SS, perhaps the Remarks column, so I stop asking. ;) Triton is seeing some curve, even down to low yellows, so isn't high and flat either. Lantus will teach you patience.

Sue and Luci and Crista & Ming like this.
  11. Crista & Ming

Listen to Wendy :)

12. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

I hope my kitty will be okay... I did increase his insulin this morning and I haven't tested for ketones. I will buy testing strips today. Can you please provide suggestions on how to collect urine. I believe it will be challenging as I don't keep track when he goes to the bathroom.

What should I do ? I will test him every 3 hours or less if needed.

13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Would you be able to start a new condo for today - with your new question about urine collection?

14. TritonMom

TritonMom Member

Just did ☺