11/25 Jack amps 200 +6 65 +7 45 +7.5 39 +10 106 pmps 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by saltycat, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

turkeyday condo

Jack is on another mission today. He usually goes up not down in the beginning of the cycle. He just gorged himself on a mc snack, if he learns food comes with low numbers he will be one fat green cat constantly:D
    Hope the mc flattens him out,if not the hc will be coming out shortly.

Looks like I get to use the cat as an excuse to avoid the shops today:rolleyes: which I probably would have done anyway.

Hope everyone made it home safe and had a good holiday.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yup, time to stick to online shopping today. :D Very nice recovery from that reduced shot Jack.

saltycat likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

He sure seems to have a pattern of coming down more the cycle after R. Keep it there Jack and maybe you'll get some extra snacks for being a good boy.

saltycat likes this.
  4. saltycat

Took me by surprise to say the least. I expected him to be higher, especially with last night's pink.

I've been slowly picking out trends and yes, the R seems to push the nadir back and give better numbers the day after. I'd guess the IAA is at least partly the cause. I rarely saw nadirs at shot time until we started using the R more frequently.

5. Doodles & Karen

As soon as you think you know something he'll change it anyway :rolleyes:

6. Wendy&Neko

Up Jack, no more funny stuff!:eek:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jack comes up for you and surfs safely.

8. saltycat

This cat has definitely earned a reduction. Will update the thread in a bit, I had to leave for a bit but the sitter came over to watch him and has been calling every 30 min. He is hanging out in the 60's with 1tbsp hc and tests every 30 min. Already burned through a can of gravy lovers. Will probably need a second opinion on tonight's dose a little later.

9. saltycat

Got the SS up to date. Was quite a day getting him to come back up. Gave a 2/3 shot tonight to drain the depot a bit. Now I'm trying to decide on the new dose for tomorrow morning, we went up 3u at a time so I was thinking either a 3 or 4 unit reduction. 25 is a nice easy dose to remember so we might give that a shot to see how he does. That would be a 13.8% reduction. Any thoughts, ramblings or suggestions are always welcome.

Glad he decided to do this today and not yesterday, that is for sure.

10. Doodles & Karen

If it were me I'd try 27u. He didn't look too good at 26u and you've had to use quite a bit of R lately. Of course this is my 2 cents and lets see if @julie & punkin (ga) is around tonight and I believe @Wendy&Neko might be around a little later. Regardless, good catch and glad he came up!

11. saltycat

I'm still in pre-R mode of thinking with the reduction, that is a good point on the R usage lately. I might just do the 27 and try to cut back a bit on the R, especially since I'm still moving forward with the trial which will really change the numbers if it works.

12. Wendy&Neko

I too would pick something between 26 (previous dose) and 29 for the reasons that Karen stated regarding R. The nice thing about using R, is that you can just stop using it and not have to worry about as large a depot. That is an especially good plan to have when the antibodies finally decide to break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.