11/27 River (AMPS 232, +4 104, PMPS 67, BOS, +1 147)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yesterday's thread!

It's so wintry and lovely outside…from here inside. LOL.
    [​IMG]

For a LOT of reasons I've been neglecting my own self-care lately.

Today I had a session with my personal trainer and took myself to Starbucks for a latte while my husband cleaned the apartment for a while (he offered!). I'm so tired but feel good that I did a few things for myself.

River is doing well today and seems to be clearing yesterday's bounce within a couple of cycles. Could it be that she's…ADJUSTING to better numbers?!

Here's to staying away from the dark place today.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad to hear you are taking care of you now. :bighug::bighug: I'm a strong believer in exercise to help clear the mind. Though my body is currently cursing me for the strength and conditioning session yesterday. :p

It could be that River is starting to get used to lower numbers. Very nice +4 today. :cool: We'll ignore that AMPS from two days ago.:rolleyes:

Paigeworthy likes this.
  3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope River had a good day, Paige
    So exciting to see those blues -

Paigeworthy likes this.
  4. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

@Kris & Teasel sounding the klaxon as I see you are online — River got a 67 for her PMPS. I want to shoot because I am all about the TR and I don't want to skip a dose if I can be around to monitor. DH is giving her a teaspoon of food right now, should I check again in a bit and go from there? This is the lowest she has ever been, and she's been a rockstar today — great appetite, no ketones, napped when she should've, super affectionate.

The only thing I can think that might have dropped her is I gave her her B12 shot about an hour ago (derrrrr).

5. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Thank you Carol! She's in dark green right now and I *think* my instinct is to shoot after waiting 15–30 minutes or so (we just gave her a little food) but I'm waiting for my elder stateswomen's thoughts ;)

6. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

@Mandy & Rex any suggestions on what to do RE: dosing? I have been holding her insulin for about 15 minutes now.

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could stall without feeding to see where she is in 20 minutes or so. If she's rising you'll be fine. If she's the same or dropping slowly you can give the full dose and be prepared to steer with food. In that instance I'd get a +1 and +2.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  8. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

We gave her a literal teaspoon of food about 10 minutes ago and she was 65 (down from 67) should I run to the store and get HC food to steer her, or do I steer with LC? I am reading the TR/shooting low numbers page again.

9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

IMHO, she is late in the cycle, so HC isn't necessary, she is basically flat. Though I think it may be a no shot tonight. Any issues with ketones before?

ETA: I see previous DKA ...sorry, I'm out of my comfort zone, no experience there, but it may be a busy night if you do shoot.

Paigeworthy likes this.
  10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

65 and 67 are essentially the same number. If she was near 50 you'd want higher carbs for steering. In a pinch you can add honey or some other syrup to LC food to steer. Your call wrt shooting. At some point most people earn the BOS* award for shooting on a dark green.

*BOS = Balls of Steel ;)

11. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Thanks Christie! The DKA was actually just over a month ago — when she was diagnosed. She has not had ketones issues but once since then. I opted to shoot. Gave her the full dose and am prepared to…make my husband monitor her ;)

12. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

WELP I just earned my BOS award. Gave her the dose. Ride 'em cowboy.

(Let's face it; she's probably going to bounce in about 20 minutes anyway, so…)

Kris & Teasel and Cindy&Taco like this.
  13. Christie & Maverick

Sorry, I just corrected, I didn't have my glasses on :)...I'll be checking in if you need help, or a little support ;)

Paigeworthy likes this.
  14. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I think there will be several of us watching River tonight along with you Paige. This is exciting and congrats on your first BOS shot!

Cindy&Taco and Paigeworthy like this.
  15. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Thanks, lady! Nothing ventured, nothing gained…right? :D

16. Christie & Maverick

Doing this from IPad, not sure if it works..

View attachment 39192

I agree with @Kris & Teasel, get a +1 and see where you go. I personally prefer using higher carb food to steer lower BG numbers, I have never used honey or karo, mostly because I managed to get a better sense of how the higher carbs were working and for how long, and didn't have the need, but ECID. Simple sugars like honey and Karo wear off faster, I believe. Just something to keep in mind...if and when you need them.

ETA: nope, it didn't work, someone please send Paige some decent balls of steel:rolleyes:

Paigeworthy likes this.
  17. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Ha!!!!

Thank you Christie! I appreciate you.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Reason for edit: Spelled your dang name wrong
    Christie & Maverick likes this.
  18. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

PAIGE SHOT HER FIRST GREEN (67) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

[​IMG]

19. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

20. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't see the tag until now. I'm glad you did shoot with DKA in the picture. Do get that +1 and +2!

Paigeworthy likes this.
  21. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

All good! I appreciate you. Husband is on the testing job for +1 and +2!

22. Christie & Maverick

Tell husband it's time for a +1 :p

Paigeworthy likes this.
  23. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

147! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  24. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

166 at +2

25. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Aren't you glad you shot? ;) My first green preshots were similarly boring.

Paigeworthy likes this.
  26. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

YUP.

and now we have the bounce I was expecting. Cool. Back to bed :eyeroll: