11/28 Boomer AMPS 148 +3 45 +4 67 +6 79, back from Dr Larry's, PMPS 88, reducie, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the US!

AMPS 148 and since I did get him to eat this morning, shooting 1.75u

I woke up last night around 3:00 and was still awake at 4:00 (+9) when Boomer jumped down from the bench and went to the litter. He dug around a bit, got out and puked (just bile). I got up to see what he had left in the lb (nothing much, just a tiny poo) then followed him to the kitchen and watched him check out his food. I had left him two foods plus a plate of chicken pieces. I grabbed the plate of chicken pieces and replaced them with fresh. He ate it all. I then tried chicken ff, he turned his nose up at it. So I gave him more chicken pieces, he ate most of it. I then tried a packet of weruva chicken and he did eat a couple of bites of it. I took him btb but he jumped over to the bench, looked out the window for a couple of minutes, then went to the lb and had a pee and then left the room. Guess he finished out the night in the living room in his box.

This morning I offered the weruva chicken and, with a little bit of encouragement, got him to eat most of a serving.

I will make an appt for him to see Dr Larry; they open in two hours.

Today's photo was taken a few days ago alongside our Thames River when I saw our Bald Eagles for the first time this winter!

Attached Files:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You and Boomer certainly have busy nights! I hope he starts to get on the mend soon!

Beautiful shot of that eagle! DH caught a hawk sitting in a tree yesterday - interesting profile of that predator waiting for some poor innocent to come along...it's nature...

Have a good day Judy!

Sonia & Leo and Judy and Boomer like this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Yeah, it's a good thing I'm not one to fall apart if I don't get 8 hours of sleep lol. I'm glad that I got up at 4:00 and got him to eat something though, it did allow me to get back to sleep instead of laying there worrying.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Boomer ate some for you this morning. I hope Dr. Larry can see him today and figure out what is going on. Great picture.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you for the holiday wishes. Keep us posted on what Dr. Larry has to say.

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for sweet Boomer...

7. Judy and Boomer

Boomer has a vetty appt today at 4:00 (+9). Please send vines :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

9. Judy and Boomer

+3 45
    Does he not realize there are supposed to be a couple of cycles of higher numbers as the depot fills? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Gave a bit of syrup. He refused the higher-carb food I offered but he is eating the weruva chicken.

Oh and he just earned a reduction 3 numbers 50 and under, same dose, different cycles!

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  10. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Judy, I'm so happy Boomer is eating again!! Glad you have a Dr. Larry apt and hope it's nothing serious. Sending tons and tons of vetty vines your way! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    The eagle picture is incredible, all your pictures should be in National Geographic!
    Happy second Thanksgiving!! ;)

11. Judy and Boomer

Happy Thanksgiving Sonia!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Congrats on reducie. Have Dr Larry check the anal glands. Pretty sure that's what makes Ollie strain which causes the vomit now.

13. Judy and Boomer

Thanks for the suggestion Paula!

14. Judy and Boomer

I wasn't going to test until +5 but he was awake and watching out the window at +4 so I decided to test. +4 67
    He continued to sit on his testing table like he was expecting food (which of course he normally gets after testing). I gave him a bit of the weruva chicken but he turned his nose up at it. I tried ff ocean whitefish and tuna and he did eat a bit of it. Then I warmed up some "chicken soup" (ie water from the poached chicken) and he took a few sips.
    He did go in the litter box earlier and left a couple of soft very small poops.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Judy and Boomer

+6 79
    He ate a bit at +5 so I gave him a couple of pieces of chicken at the Bean's lunch.
    Then at +6 I offered him one of the ff, he turned his nose up. Offered a different ff, turned his nose up. Offered weruva, he sampled it then when back to one of the ff and nibbled at that a bit.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Judy and Boomer

Back from Dr Larry's.
    No fever. Heart sounds good. Breathing is fine. No anal gland issues. Boomer felt a little dry so they gave him sub q fluids. Did an abdominal X-ray and there is no constipation and everything looked good. Did b/w including spec fpl for pancreatitis and we should have results tomorrow.

It may all be because of his picky appy and the lesser appy due to lower BG. Dr Larry gave Boomer a mirtazapine and sent a few home with us too. As I type this, Boomer is eating.

17. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

:bighug: :cat: :bighug:

18. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

That's really good news Judy, I hope the fpl and bw results come back just as good! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  19. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Great news! Glad he is eating. How is his weight? Has he lost any or is he maintaining?

20. Judy and Boomer

Forgot to add above....weight was just slightly up.
    PMPS 88 shooting 1.5u

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  21. Judy and Boomer

Just realized that I forgot to add weight info, then I read your post. Weight was just slightly up.

22. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

That is good! It may be he is just less hungry with the lower numbers. That was a hard one for me. Of course I worry about how much i am feeding Frankie too. :rolleyes: It would be so much easier if they could talk with us :joyful:

23. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Boomer is eating and got a good check up. Hope the blood work all comes back good.
    Beautiful photo of the eagle in flight!

24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed for good bloodwork results.:bighug:

25. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad that boomer is eating for you and hoping the B/W all looks good.