11/29 Boomer AMPS 94 +3 74 +6 68 PMPS 81, photo, b/w results from Dr Larry

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 94 shooting 1.5u

I left Boomer lots of food for overnight and he did nibble on it but I'm surprised the mirtazapine given by Dr Larry yesterday around 5:00 (+10) didn't make Boomer hungrier. When I used to give mirtz to my cat Snickers it would last 48 hours. Anyone here use Mirtazapine and how long does it usually help your kitty's appy?

When I set Boomer on the bed last night he discovered that DH had left a hoodie draped on the end of the bed on top of the turned-down duvet. And he settled right in on it lol. He loves sleeping on a pile of hoodies and I make sure there are some on the bench for him.

Today on the agenda.....probably some on-line Black Friday shopping. Weather isn't conducive to photography (unless the forecast is wrong).

Today's photo is a bird that hangs around this area in late fall and through the winter, as long as there is open water. There's currently a large bunch on Saunders Pond but as soon as the pond freezes over they will move to the river. This is a Hooded Merganser.

Attached Files:

2. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Hi! Nice picture, again! So I’ve used mirtazipine with another kitty and it worked pretty well. He would get very talkative after administration. I found it was more noticeable of an affect the day of administration but I used it very 48 hours. It helped tremendously to help wean him off of an esophageal feeding tube. There is cyproheptadine that can also be used but it is a more frequent dosing schedule. I’ve never used this one in my own kitties though.

Sonia & Leo and Judy and Boomer like this.
  3. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Maybe Boomer is on a diet? He he :joyful:
    Judy, what a queer bird! It's that the size of his head or are those feathers?!?

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Forgot to mention yesterday that Dr Larry also gave Boomer a shot of cerenia.

5. Judy and Boomer

+3 74
    Much as I hate to do this, I need to go to Walmart for test strips since there is nasty weather predicted here starting Sunday.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart today?????? I'll pray for you.

Love the photo. They are interesting looking.

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Good luck on that Walmart trip...yikes!

Is cipro an option for an appy stimulant? I always preferred cipro because it can be given twice a day. It's great that Boomer's weight is holding steady....but you still need to eat up, young man! Many appy and general feel better vines...

8. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

That type of trip TODAY requires you to bring along a go pro and get some interesting footage! Good luck and stay safe.

I hope Boomer is a good boy for you today. Surf safely Mr.!:D
    Have a wonderful day Judy!

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

10. Judy and Boomer

Boomer seemed to want to eat around +5 so fed him a snack then.
    +6 68

11. Judy and Boomer

Yeah, no kidding. Actually it wasn't that bad at the mall and I never had to stand in line for more than a couple of minutes.

12. Judy and Boomer

Cipro? Never heard of it?

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The latest study shows mirtazapine lasts something like nine hours in a cat. However, if you get Mirataz, which is a transdermal formulation for the ear, it is more slowly absorbed. Also means less meowzy side effects.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Reason for edit: fixed spelling of drug, which spell checker had kindly "corrected"
  14. Judy and Boomer

Boomer hasn't had any side effects. I'm surprised. When I used it with Snickers and Allen they ate a lot! Boomer...well he's eating but still only about half of what he would have eaten prior to his numbers dropping.

15. Amy&TrixieCat

Ciproheptadine....it’s an antihistamine that has increased hunger as a side effect. It’s what I’ve always used. I don’t know if it’s available in Canada, and it does require a script.

16. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Beautiful photo of the merganser! I love how Booms likes to lay on the hoodies - seems like that's comforting to lots of kitties to lay on our clothing! Maybe it's our 'smell'?

I hope your trip to Walmart is calm and quick. I think all the hoopla has really died down now that the stores are selling everything on-line. At least there's no one waiting outside to pick up those limited number of items like in the past - and they've been having the sales all week - not sure if there was anything special to be had at Walmart - I didn't hit Walmart...

Have a great evening and I hope you get all tucked in before the storm!

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It is, but I got it from another FDMB member, so not sure how she got it. I think it's OTC.

18. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

19. Judy and Boomer

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
    Just had a call from Dr Larry and the b/w shows nothing at all! He is emailing it to me then I will post it.
    He believes that Boomer is going into remission. There I said it. I covered Boomer's ears yesterday at the vet when I said it lol and to date I've refused to use the word. I guess Boomer doesn't want to be left behind since the Bubster @Bobbie And Bubba went into remission for the fourth time!

He does want me to do a 12 hour curve with testing every 2 hours.

20. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 81 shooting 1.5u

21. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Cyproheptadine is the other appetite stimulant. :)

22. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Furry toes crossed it all works out!

Judy and Boomer and Sonia & Leo like this.
  23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Bubba and Boomer always did like to be twins! That would be wonderful !

JMHO , I would take him down the dosing ladder as long as he tolerates it. You want him to hang in healing safe greens for as long as possible until he says he’s not on board anymore.

Judy and Boomer and Sonia & Leo like this.
  24. Amy&TrixieCat

Great news!!!

25. Judy and Boomer

Yes I totally agree! But so far Boomer has had other ideas!