11/30 Boomer AMPS 58 +3 56 +6 95 PMPS 90, b/w results, food question, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 58 nervously shooting 1.5u

Boomer ate his PMPS dinner ok as well as his PM+3. About half an hour after bedtime last night he disappeared, I got up a couple of minutes later and he was standing in the doorway waiting for me. I stirred his foods and he ate some more. He just seems totally bored with his food (even though there are about 10 kinds). What do you feed that your baby loves?

I've attached his b/w results.

Today on the agenda....I have an appt for haircut and colour at noon (+5) hopefully Boomer will behave himself so that DH can drive me and pick me up saving me parking $$s for the 3 hours. There is nasty weather expected tonight/tomorrow (freezing rain).

Today's photo is another of the Trumpeter Swan that has been hanging out at Saunders Pond.

Attached Files:

Briere Fur Mom and Shoeskitty-GA like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I just got yesterday BFF play, just the chicken based ones not the fish and Bella and Andy love it, I got Take a chance, topsy turkey and Checkmate, they do have other non fish based but I couldn’t find at store, it was Petco, also can be ordered all low carbs and low phosphorus

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I definitely rotate the foods throughout the day. I mostly give FF beef, ff chicken. Proplan chicken and spinach is a hit or miss. Paws chicken is a favorite but 8% carb. I use small amt for her heart pill, and if boost is needed. Have been using the ff savory centers which they all love, but Ollie gets it once in a while since don't know for sure what the content is. A few people have said it's low. If they are really being picky a sprinkle of VE duck (this time) goes on it and they gobble up. After fluids she get a couple of the VE raw nuggets (complete meal, not the treats).

4. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Good morning! Bloodwork looks pretty impressive and no glucose in the urine, wow!! Nice picture as usual! :) I don’t feed anything special but I do find that when she running low she sometimes gets pickier with her favorite foods. Have a great day and hope you don’t too much snow and sleet. I don’t look forward to it. o_Oo_O We better not lose power. Question- what happens if we do? Should we do anything with the insulin??? Leave in the fridge? Place it inside something and then on ice pack?

5. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Judy, I did notice that on page 3, the bloodwork showed mild pancreatitis. I don't know how accurate that particular test is, but perhaps that is why his appy is off?

6. Judy and Boomer

Yes it did but it also showed it back last year and has actually come down (6.8 in 2018).

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer surfs safely for you today. I feed Furball different flavors of Friskies. I rotate them so she won't get bored with her food. I hope you can find something Boomer will eat consistently. Great picture.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's tricky. It's best if it can be kept cold, but you have to be careful it doesn't freeze. Don't ever put it directly on an ice pack. If you think the power will be out for a long time, you can try putting it in a cooler and keep replacing the ice pack or add ice. Hopefully you won't lose your power. Just put something like newpaper in between the ice pack and whatever you put the insulin in.

9. Olive & Paula

Could be chronic p'titis. Have you considered routine low pain relief, maybe gabapentin (low dose) and regular cerenia (helps with inflammation) ? Olive's results are always high, but if a pain dose is missed, you know it. I admit she's missed a couple normally on the Saturdays I work her mid day is skipped. Husband has now agreed to give it to her. Last week he saw how awful she felt when it was skipped because I was out almost everyday when it was due.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Paula. Cats are notorious for hiding pain. I'd suggest talking to your vet. My understanding is that gabapentin is best suited for neuropathic pain but there are certainly plenty of kitties here who are using it.

I've been using ZiwiPeak. Gizmo needs novel proteins for IBD and the ZiwiPeak has several novel protein flavors. What I especially like is that it contains no gums or carrageenan.

11. Judy and Boomer

Did a +2 test just in case.....59
    +3 56 and he actually jumped down from his testing table and went to his dish when it turned. Took a couple of bites only so I scooped it onto a plate and he's eating now.

12. Judy and Boomer

13. Olive & Paula

Ollie did ok on gabapentin for awhile. But then she had that really bad episode last year and we started the Buprenorphine. At first every 12 hrs. Was able to eventually lower amount. Then she would flare up again. Kept trying that for awhile. Then vet said something about different matter. And I asked what would be an 8 hr dose to give. And that's where we are now.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wouldn't hurt to give pain meds like buprenorphine, a little bit, and see if that helps. Plus I'd try some antinausea meds too. You want to make sure any nausea is treated before doing an appy stim like mirtazapine.

I have seen TikiCat Velvet Mousse in the Global Pet food stores. It wasn't out when Neko needed it, but I've heard some others say their cat really like it. When Neko was feeling bad, I got some cats of Royal Canin Recovery from the vet. She always went for it. At least it's low carb.

15. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

@Idjit's mom put together a helpful guide
    Lovely photo, Judy. Reminds me of my early mornings standing at the school bus stop listening to a small family of swans in a nearby swamp.

16. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

17. Judy and Boomer

Dr Larry called about my email and agreed that we could try some pain meds, he prefers to use bupre. Unfortunately it was too late to pick it up today since I was on my way to my hair appt and of course they are closed tomorrow. So we will pick up Monday morning. Meanwhile, +6 95 and I think he ate only a tiny bit; DH tried 3 different foods and added chicken to one of them (to be honest the chicken pieces were so big that if Boomer ate one or two of them he would be full lol).

18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Lovely photo of the Swan. I hope Boomer's appy improves. Sounds like you're doing everything for him.

19. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 90 I got him to eat a small serving but I had to feed him so shooting 1.5u