? 11/30 River (AMPS 374, PMPS 62) pet sitter on duty, no one to monitor at night

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Last thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-bouncing-kitty-amps-396.207170/#post-2296247

hi from Mexico. Husband and I both have food poisoning. Lol. Unreal.

So, conundrum: River did not get insulin last night, and she’s not getting it tonight. She’s had pink AMPS and dark green PMPS for the past two days, and with no one there to monitor her after I just wont risk a hypo, as she is so new to these greens. (Even though she was absolutely fine when I had BOS.)

Would you bring the dose down a bit? Or should we just hang with it until we get home?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With DKA in the recent history, I would reduce so shots don’t need to be skipped. 1.75 units if you think the sitter can measure it, otherwise 1.5 units.

Get better soon.:bighug:

3. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Oh, gosh. I hope you and the hubby feel better soon! Food poisoning is brutal.

4. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Paige I hope you both are better and that you will be coming back soon - I see a dark green this afternoon

Paigeworthy likes this.