11/5 Loudogg AMPS 353 +5 263 +8 233 PMPS 224 - Dental Tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

November 1, 2018 Condo - Dental Advice

Afternoon everyone!
    Lou hasn't fully recovered since my likely full furshot on November 1st. Not that that's a big deal since the dental is finally here! I am SO excited for what this could do for his numbers, but as the day goes on, I'm getting more and more nervous. I haven't received a better answer from the vet for the 13-hour fast. I'm tempted to just feed him up to 10pm and be done with it. The vet advised me to just skip the shot tonight and tomorrow morning, but after the furshot, I'm slightly more nervous to skip because of the high numbers. I think at worst, I'm tempted to give 1.0 - 1.25u tonight and at least 1.25u (half dose) tomorrow morning. Ugh. I am excited (and not) for this to be done and over with so we can get on with life. These nerves aren't good for my heart, haha. :nailbiting:

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope you can do me a favor and keep Lou in your thoughts for a successful dental! Sending vines to all those kitties and beans in need! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines for Lou and calming prayers for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Prayers and dental vines sent your way :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines

5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Of course I will keep that adorable upside down little kitty in my thoughts for the dental. I hope this will really help. :bighug:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed for a good dental. :bighug::bighug: Neko got MC night before anesthesia if I was worried about where her numbers would go after feeding cutoff. Worst case, you have to feed him to keep him safe. Just let the vet know and they can deal with it. You are feeding wet food, not dry, so you don’t need as long for the food to process through their systems. A 13 hour fast is silly. Let the numbers be your guide to what you shoot, but no more than half dose tomorrow morning.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good vines for Lou's dental tomorrow. Is it early in the day? When Rusty had a dental the vet simply said not to feed after midnight.
    We'll be thinking good thoughts.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Vines sent for good dental tomorrow.

Wine vines sent to momma. We need a wine glass emoji.

9. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

More dental vines for Lou and soothing vines for you. I look forward to seeing that it's all done and that he's doing great.

10. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the good thoughts everyone!

I have to drop him off between 0800 and 0830 in the morning. They don't say what time surgery is, but I hope they'll take him back right away. Especially considering the diabetes aspect. They'll keep him for a bit after to make sure all is well. They say pickup is usually between 3:30 and 4:30pm, but I seriously hope they don't keep my little man that long. :(

11. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

We are... Nelli (I told her to :):cat:) and I both!
    Truly, you will both be in my prayers.
    Muah...

12. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Vines for Lou’s dental!!

13. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow!

14. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for Lou and you tomorrow!