11/6 Ming PMPS = 173, +4 = 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Ming comes back down for you soon. Nice greens yesterday.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Crista & Ming

Stressedcatmom likes this.
  4. Crista & Ming

We've been on 6.5 units for long time so I'd just like confirmation that we're still doing the right thing right now. He seems to just be either bouncing (not too dramatically) and also flirting with a dosecrease.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There isn’t a lot of room to increase. Having said that, you could try 6.75 for a bit and see if it flattens him out. But I wouldn’t do it unless you can monitor closely and expect he might drop.

Are you using calipers to measure the dose, or eyeballing it? Just wondering cause I found the BDs so inconsistent.

6. Crista & Ming

I’ve been eyeballing and using the sol-vet syringes. We tried calipers for a bit but it was hard for my mom. But I think it’s time to re-visit that idea!

I’ll have to hold the dose until Friday until I’m off work. Meanwhile I’ll get the caliper situation started up again.

Thanks Wendy!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The sol-Vet might not have the same issues. The variability you get with eyeballing is not as bad percentage wise with a larger dose. Maybe just check a few of your syringes to make sure they are consistent. I did notice a difference with Neko flattening out a bit when I went to calipers on the BD’s.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  8. Crista & Ming

Will do! I think it would be good practice doing calipers just to cover all my bases. Mom will just need some time to get the hang of it :)

9. Crista & Ming

+4 = 158

My mom will take one more test at +6 and hopefully it’ll be a nice number - both lower and not too low that she can’t sleep. A fine balance.