? 11/9 Tinker AMPS 67 +6 33 +6.25 34 +6.5 56 +7.25 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tinker's Mom, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...7-5-63-7-70-pmps-79-3-85.221223/#post-2471178

I reduced him to 0.75 units this morning after he tested 55 last night . I had to work all morning and came home after lunch to him being 33. He ate some food (it's semi low/med carb, I think) and 20 min later is at 34. I will check him again in about 30 minutes. I have icing on hand and also some kind of friskies but I know it will not agree with him. He seems calm and happy right now.

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Laura, low med carb doesn't cut it at this point. You really need to get Tinker above 50, these 30s are too low...do you have any syrup? What about high carb food, squeeze out the gravy? Something more than 15% carb.

3. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I have icing, I will test again and give him some.

4. Christie & Maverick

Give him some now please. I am dubious about icing, I have not used anything like that, don't know if that will make his tummy upset, but he need to get up.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Tinker's Mom likes this.
  5. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

Up to 56!! :cat:

6. Christie & Maverick

Ok good! Was that before or after icing?

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  7. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

P.s, I didn't give him icing. It was his food plus the Pounce treats he gets for testing.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  8. Christie & Maverick

It would be good to test again, maybe 30-40 minutes, we want to make sure he stays up, He is later in the cycle now, but his numbers may drop again. Ideally you want 2 consecutive tests where he is above 50, stable and/or rising without any intervention, okay?

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  9. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Do you have to go back to work? 30s is really too low and it's best to continue testing for at least another hour or so. I'd also go get some FF gravy and honey when you can.

Let me tag some others as I'm not sure if you should also reduce next dose.
    @Marje and Gracie
    @Wendy&Neko

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  10. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

Will do. I just have to force myself to wake this angel baby for his test. 20191109_135735.jpg

Sue and Luci and Crista & Ming like this.
  11. Christie & Maverick

Excellent, just as I had said also previously when I saw her post. Once again it appears that my input is no longer needed.

12. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I don't have to go back to work thank goodness . I do have to leave for a dinner engagement in 3 hours and I will unfortunately not be back until an hour later than his usual shot time. I have something with gravy, I will post a pic.

13. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

14. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice to see that Tinker is making his way back up to safer numbers! Yahoooo!!!

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Laura --

I think you have a couple of options for tonight. Obviously, a lot depends on what Tinker's numbers look like around PMPS.

Generally, taking back-to-back reductions doesn't work well. Clearly, no one told Tinker that! If the PMPS is where things have been hovering lately, you can always skip the shot or shoot a much reduced dose. This will have the advantage of draining the depot a bit. In addition, if you're going to be late giving Tinker his shot, the late shot acts like a dose reduction.

With numbers in the 30s, you don't really want to mess around so it may make sense to reduce to 0.5u either tonight or tomorrow depending on what you decide for tonight.

So, in a less stream of consciousness mode, you will be shooting late (quasi-dose reduction) and you can opt to:
    • reduce the dose to 0.5u tonight
    • skip the shot
    • shoot a BCS (big chicken sh*t) dose that would be less than the 0.5u dose.
    There may not be a way to sort this out until you get home and see what Tinker's numbers look like.

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  16. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

His PMPS is 100. I think I will shoot 0.5 just to be safe.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.