11-Jan:Tyler: Dose query? AMPS=349:+2=232:+5=164:+6=167: +10=202 :PMPS=241: +2=293 :+7=317

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday condo

Afternoon people. Late today as I cracked my head rather hard and so feel rather iffy at the mo. Yup. Maybe get checked out when Phil gets home.

Anyway, I just wished to ask anyone about if they could look at Ty's SS and maybe give their considered opinions as to the dose he is on. Whether it should go up by .25.

He has been on the 1.25 for around 11/12 days now & to me his overall numbers are creeping up . Not the nadirs perhaps, but overall. Tried to get a PM nadir last night but slept right through the 2am and 3am alarms.

It may be that something else is happening somehow & I should wait whatever it is out.

I'm looking to start this TR lark but my start point dose is uncertain. I can do the small several feeds & hopefully enough tests as have been exploring altering arrangements to help with this.

Is this applicable?

I tested for Ketones yesterday around midday. Was fine at 0.2

thanks
    Mrs Cracked Painful Bonce.

@Marje and Gracie
    @Stacy & Asia
    @Chris & China
    and anyone else about at this time of day or night

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry about your head - I hope it checks out OK.:bighug:

Early evening here. :) I think you are good for a 0.25 unit increase. It's been 8 cycles since he last see green. Looks like maybe he's getting a bit blah on this dose. He's had plenty of time to get over any bounce from the lovely greens on the 7th, but it doesn't look like they are making a return appearance anytime soon on this dose. And yes, according to TR, you've held this dose long enough. It should be re-evaluated every 6-10 cycles.

3. PussCatPrince - GA

Thank you SO much @Wendy&Neko . I was going to tag you too but felt I was getting a bit greedy on the tag front. :p

What's good is that maybe, just maybe, ole slow chops here is beginning to grasp how it all interacts. The big chat about 'duration' and the meaning of the word 'depot' helped quite a bit. Plus the realisation that it wasn't just a mission to reduce the dose from the one the vet had set.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's not uncommon to have to go up and down around a dose. Hence the phrase "the dance". Tyler is leading, you are just following. :cat:

5. PussCatPrince - GA

He is 'The Prince'. Hence why I am carrying him up and down stairs when I can to save his wobbly legs. Mind you , he was never much of a one for a carry in all the years past so that part is not so bad. I get to carry until he, the lad , he say no. :cat:

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Asia is the same way, as affectionate as she is, she didn't like to be picked up, always was busy and she had somewhere important to go! Now that she's older, she asks for a lift up sometimes. Now I can actually feel when she's gaining or losing weight just because I scoop her up every day.

Good luck with the TR, can't wait to see the progress! I think the increase will give him a nudge and if you can head off any big drops with some food, you can hang on to the dose longer and get more streaks of blues and greens so he starts to get used to it.

I don't know if this is explicited stated anywhere, but this is something I have come to realize. The goal is not to earn reductions as fast as you can, though it's nice to see them on less insulin. The goal is to have enough insulin on board to carry them in better numbers for longer stretches of time, safely, with careful monitoring and food manipulation.

I've come to despise the number 49, specifically, it's so inconclusive! :p

7. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Oh M! Your head! I do hope Phil will take you to get checked out. Ty is on a nice slide today - maybe telling you he too is ready for an increase? :rolleyes:
    :bighug::bighug:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  8. PussCatPrince - GA

Tiz just a bump thankfully although I feel as though my eyebrow met my chin before bouncing back. My head was wrapped up in vinegar and brown paper a few decades ago following quite a bad RTA so am thankful none of the glue chipped off. :p

No-one has asked how I did it. :oops:

Ty's a-ready. Likely been telling old slow coach for the past couple of days now really. Will now do in the morning to give my bonce time to settle and I can also spend time testing properly.

Anyway. You get a ten outta ten and a gold star for attention to green dosing . Oh.Yes.You.Do. :D

Next. Blues for Juliet & Silver. I really wish this for them both.

9. Stacy & Asia

Not sure how I missed this head bump before, I blame chronic sleep deprivation! :p

What happened? Do you have a goose egg?

10. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Might have been a personal problem! Lol ;) glad you're not concerned and should be better in morning!
    Yeah - got yer back! Thanks for having mine too!:bighug::bighug:
    Yes, our Juliet and her sweet Silver could use some blues! :bighug:

11. PussCatPrince - GA

Erms . Nopes. :p I got those covered.

Hint: :cat:

12. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh, I so hope your head is okay! Ow! That hurts...

I was just curious - and forgive my tired brain if you've talked about this already - but I see in your signature that you mention that your boy is on methylcobalamin + folic acid and has a neuropathic gait. I'm just wondering what you use there for methylcobalamin in NZ (as I'm here in Australia). Do you give a tablet (like Zobaline)? An injection?

I haven't tried the Iams grain free foods yet. I've been using the Wellness, ProPlan, Holistic Select and Cats in the Kitchen cans (basing the carbs on Dr Pierson's table). Do you know the carbs of the different IAMS grain-free cans? Girlie loves soft pates; I don't know whether any of the IAMS are soft pates, though... Sorry to be so nosy! :rolleyes:

13. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Uh-oh... Ty caused the head bump! Do share with us what happened! Glad it's just a bump. Good luck with your increase.

14. Stacy & Asia

My guess is he was trying to trip you by walking under your feet...a very cat thing to do! I hope you’re feeling better and heal up soon!

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  15. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

My guess is you bent under a table or counter top to pick him up and hit your head rising up. Don't ask me why I think that... :rolleyes:

16. PussCatPrince - GA

..........Is almost the correct answer. :oops: Ty was in his usual spot tight up against the upstairs airing cupboard door. Whenever you pick him up you lift him in a certain way as he always splays his front legs. He has always done this. As I swooped in for this quick sleek all in one maneuver & lifted , I tried to impale my own head on the airing cupboard door knob to the degree I actually staggered from the impact. :woot:

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  17. PussCatPrince - GA

Forgive all our tired brains @Girlie's mom . My head is mush today .
    I investigated Zobaline as it is an all in one . For me in NZ it would prove very expensive re shipping and excise charges plus any delays due to customs & transit. Also it is in 3mg a tablet which I felt too much for Tyler given the guidelines with this for his CKD stage II.

I buy Solgar Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 1000 mcg. They are small pink nuggets which I crush into his food. 2 x day. I buy the folic acid tablets 300mcg from the supermarket and divide that into 4 to match the ratio in Zobaline. Tyley eats this on his food with no problems . There again he has no issues over eating food at the moment. Anything goes.

I cannot buy the Wellness/Holistic/CatsInTheKitchen brands at all at the moment. Still trying . The Iams grain free is the only balanced canned food I have found here in New Zealand which has carbs somewhere near to low and phosphorus below the 200 level. I'd like that phos level to be half that TBH. The 3 flavours would be chicken breast chick/tuna chick/beef. None are pates. Looks sorta like shreds . I can only get chick/tuna. Carbs are 10 . Phos is 179.
    The Iams pates/fillets/flakes are far too high in phos. for Tyler as over the 200 limit. However the Iams pate's are reasonable in carbs being between 7/10 carbs but they are not grain free . Some contain rice.

I try to balance out the 10 carb thing by also giving Applaws and raw/poached chicken meat which has no carbs.

HTH

Soz to moderators. I did read the reminder about one thread/day but I think my being at the extreme of the time zones means I overlap for most all people.
    I wanted to answer this here , rather than cause confusion in this days condo.

18. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Ouch!!

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m glad Wendy had a chance to stop by. I’ve been off the board a couple days caring for my sick DH. I’m so sorry to hear about your head and I hope you are doing much better.

20. Stacy & Asia

Yikes! That must have been quite an impact if you were coming up from scooping him in your arms! I hope everything is okay, did you do the concussion test and all that? Feel better. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.