12/02 Texas Gizmo PMPS=193, +4=150

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

12/01

AMPS=191

He ate 2 whole cans of FF overnight (12/01 PM cycle) (6 oz).

Switched him to DAVE's - Naturally Healthy Grain Free Turkey & Giblets (lower Phos[216], 4% carb, 195 calories/5.5oz) for this morning cycle. Cleaned his first bowl!

He is doing much, much better. Numbers could be better but a little progress at a time (pretty much a flat cat right now).

I can't thank everyone enough for your support, encouragement, advise and friendship getting us through this last bout. It was very stressful and I truly appreciate EVERYONE here. :bighug:

love.jpg

2. LizzieInTexas

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Gizmo is eating and doing better. I hope he continues to improve. Sending prayers.

I've been wondering about the calendars too. I hope everything is okay with Deanie.

4. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so happy to hear this!!! You took such good care of Gizmo and sounds like he's almost 100%.
    :)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. LizzieInTexas

Almost. Kinda nervous to weigh him on Sunday (weekly weigh-in). I forgot to weigh him last Sunday. I know he has lost some, I just hope not too much.

I just posted over on your "civie" thread. I have been so self absorbed in dealing with Gizmo this week that I haven't been keeping up with much else going on here. So glad you are picking him up this morning. I hope you can get him eating more once he is home. :bighug:

6. LizzieInTexas

+2=123

Well, that sure is a surprise. I almost didn't test until +4 but decided I had better do a curve either today or tomorrow to see where is at before I have to go back to work on Monday. So I guess it is today.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What a tough week you've had! :bighug: So, so, so glad he's eating and feeling better. Not the vacation you planned on, but I'm glad he is on the mend and hopefully you can do some of the things you wanted to do this weekend.

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

This morning’s Gizmo update brought tears to my eyes and a warmth to my kitty momma heart :bighug::bighug:. Prayers for continued healing and restoration for dear Gizmo and rest for you, Lizzie :bighug:. You are Super Momma :joyful::):bighug::cat:

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad your little man is doing better and that he likes his first taste of the Dave's food.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear every day he is getting better and better!

11. LizzieInTexas

:D

And a bonus green!

12. LizzieInTexas

He has had it before - usually mixed with Fowl Ball. So far, so good. Clean Bowl Cat!!

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  13. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Love bonus greens:D

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m glad Gizmo is doing so much better today and eating! I’d be surprised if the ondansetron was causing any issues but the Mirtz can have side effects and that’s why I don’t like to use it.

On the Standard Process, I also use it as my vet does Nutrition Response Testing and prescribes it. IMHO, I never buy any supplements off of Amazon. I’ve heard instances where some of their products are not the real thing. It used to be possible to buy SP from their website but I believe they’ve changed it now as they prefer it is sold only through practioniers. My local health food store also used to carry it but not any longer. It is good stuff though. I hope Beth’s homeopath can consult with you and maybe use some it but there is a big difference between SP which is herbal and homeopathic treatments.

Hope he keeps eating and that you get some rest.

Also...I know you have your hands full but I think, if it were me, I’d have that urine MA tested again in the next several days. I was reading more about it last night because I’ve not seen the MAnhigh and negative protein before. The research I was reading said that sometimes it can be an early indicator of proteinuria developing even before there is any protein in the urine. The recommendation is three tests over two weeks.

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  15. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Lizzie,
    Heart gladdened that Gizmo feeling better and eating hearty again. May the well being continue❤️.

16. LizzieInTexas

I am kinda confused by this statement. This is all new to me as I have never heard of Standard Process before this week. I have no idea how it "works" or how to proceed - How expensive is it? @Beth 73

I really hope this can wait a bit because the next two weeks at work are going to be heck. Year end and lots of other stuff going on. Also, I am hoping that my vet offices are going to re-open before the end of the year and would like to take him there if at all possible (the facility where she is practicing is a bit dated). Can you urinalysis be run in house or do they need to be sent out?

Another concern is the stress caused by the visits. I am not absolutely sure but it just seems his worse panc flares always happen right after a vet visit (last one before this flare was 11/08/17 - and two weeks later we were at the ER).

17. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Lizzie :) Standard Process are supplements sold locally at our small towns chiropracter. Several years ago Dr Pat had me use a thyroid supplement from SP with our 21 year old tux kitty . You can buy SP on Amazon . I have only ever used them per Dr Pat’s(DVM/Homeopath) direction .
    Like Gizmo, Elmo really does not do well at vet visits . We go when necessary( although is an hour round trip ) so I rely heavily on Dr Pat’s phone consults .

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  18. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=193

History:
    AMPS=191, +2=123, +4=95, +6=120, +9=157, +11=185

19. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That makes Gizmo's bean very happy :cat:

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rusty has used Standard Process Allerplex for his chronic congestion. He hasn't had it in a long time. I used to put in into turkey babyfood and serve it as a "lung treat". He liked it for a while but then rejected it. The company is first-rate. My vet, who is not a holistic vet, has a Standard Process Practitioner's Acct. and prescribes it. I learned about SP from Marje, who has had success with it.

Glad to hear that Gizmo likes the Dave's. It's good food.

HWright and LizzieInTexas like this.
  21. LizzieInTexas

Interesting. Thanks. I am hoping to research some tomorrow. I hadn't heard of it before a couple of days ago. So you quit the reginent(?) when Rusty quit taking it? Was (is) something else given in its place? Is SP a treatment or is it more like a lifetime maintenance therapy?

HWright likes this.
  22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We just kind of fell away from it. He stopped liking it. I wasn't sure it was helping. Whatever. It was at least 3 years ago. Standard Process has been around since the 1920s. It is venerable. It makes holistic remedies to strengthen the body's immune system and to support various systems of the body that are weak. It is not a vet thing. It is a general nutrition thing. Here's a link to their website: https://www.standardprocess.com/

LizzieInTexas and HWright like this.
  23. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Lizzie, glad that Gizmo on the mend and back to his ol’ self, happy appy and all. You’re a great mama Bean as I’m sure he well knows and ❤️ even if he doesn’t like vetty visits. Azalea (and I sometimes feel the same, too) is in total agreement about that!

One theory, provided by my homeopathic vet who had suggested one of the standard process formulas via energy/muscle testing (similar to or same as what Marje described as Nutritional Response Testing). At the time Spunky’s labs indicated liver function problem. She was not the easiest cat in the world (well, fractious at times, as they’d say) when it came to vets particularly traditional vets. At first, she gobbled up the support tabs like candy, then after a few weeks, was less interested in them. Follow up lab work showed all good including hepatic function back to normal. I’m passing along this experience, not to suggest miracles, but to share that my homeopathic vet suggested that sometimes a turning off of interest in a support tab can be an indicator that the condition is now balanced and the cat is indicating same by making clear doesn’t need continuation of that particular support at that time.
    ECID of course.
    ❤️:bighug:❤️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.