12/04 Silver AMPS 239; PMPS 391 +4= 353

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Good start, the lowest preshot in some time. I hope the dosecrease works for Silver and you start seeing better numbers really soon.

Juliet likes this.
  3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. I’m on my commute train now heading home to get his PMPS. Will get another test in after that too. I increased to 1.25u this am but I doubt that’s taken effect yet?

4. Stacy & Asia

It can. I think with increases it may take a cycle or two or it could make a difference right away.

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Fingers crossed he’s still playing in the sun this evening. Or better yet, swimming in the lagoon. Although then dosing will get scary as he gets lower.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Could be NDW. Could be Silver went a little lower than he's used to on the new dose. At least it's lower than last night!

Juliet likes this.
  8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That's the frustration of my Monday to Friday - I cant tell what he is doing during the day - pretty sure he would have gone into single digits. Dunno if I will catch a single digit tonight now he's back up at 21.

9. Wendy&Neko

Just do what you can. It's not unusual for cats coming back from remission to have to go to a higher dose than they were the first time on insulin. Just keep plugging away. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He was OTJ so quick (one month only on insulin after I switched to wet food) that I am still such a newbie at this.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  11. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

12. Stacy & Asia

You might spend some time looking at other kitties SS and try to scroll all the way back to when they were first diagnosed. You can start with Asia if you want, hot mess! It helped me to see that each cat is different, but also, some cats start out a hot mess and end up looking amazing over time (Squallie, looking at you) and some cats take to it right away and continue to be amazing or go all out of sorts on occasion and back to it.

It is just frustrating in the beginning, and especially frustrating if your kitty isn't one of the lucky ones that responds right away and gets right to business with blues and greens. It is what it is, some cats just need a little more time. Try to be patient, even with the painful to look at high numbers. :bighug: Many of us understand how you're feeling because we felt the same exact way. It's just not a quick fix problem for some cats, unfortunately.

Asia has started to turn a corner and got to a dose that seems to be working and still, stuff happens, her last number was 409 after spending the better part of 3 cycles in greens! You can only do the best that you can do, but so much of this isn't in our control.

Juliet and Wendy&Neko like this.
  13. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I guess it’s more frustrating because he responded so well the first time. He’s getting sooo thin I fear he’s wasting away before my eyes :-(

And how do you do emoticons on here? I’m using my phone and when I put in an emoticon it doesn’t show up.

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Better tomorrow hopefully. Just fed him and he’s still mewing for food. My poor wee baby needs regulated so bad.

15. Wendy&Neko

For emoticons, look at the tool bar above the text box. There is a picture of a smile - click on it to get the smilies. :)

Juliet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.