12/07 Rhubarb AMPS=310, +9 88, PMPS=104, +2 86, +3 86, +6 97, +7 104, +9 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by majandra, Dec 7, 2018.

  1. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Yesterday

    I like pink in sunrises, not spreadsheets! DH was worried that he gave a fur shot last night. He said he didn't smell the Lantus, but her sugars just climbed all night. Fur shot or bounce.

    Today may not be much for work, since our truck may be out of commission. Hopefully the noise yesterday was just ice/mud in the skid plate. DH got that cleared out, so crossing fingers! Our car *can* work, but not the most ideal.
    If we can't work though, at least I can get more tests in on Rhubarb!

    I was thinking that Rhubarb's sugars have room for improvement. Do a curve tomorrow, and try out 0.5U on sunday if the curve doesn't show her too low.
     
  2. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Should I even be considering an increase?
     
  3. Wendy&Neko

    Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Today is a bounce is response to yesterday’s green. It takes a while before they get used to seeing them. Having said that, on TR you would look to do an increase. Maybe tonight? So the depot has time to build and you can monitor this weekend.

    Bummer on the truck. The forecast here is for possible s*$# overnight on the west coast. :arghh:
     
    majandra likes this.
  4. carfurby

    carfurby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Good luck if you increase tonight. I hope it's nothing serious with your truck.
     
    majandra likes this.
  5. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Truck seems to be running ok now. Yay!

    If I do an increase, is it reasonable to go to 0.5? Should I do a curve before an increase?
     
  6. carfurby

    carfurby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    If you increase you would go to 0.5. Wendy suggested increasing tonight. it's up to you. If you wait to do a curve tomorrow, you lose a weekend day to see what a new dose does.
     
  7. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    4.9/88@ +9
     
  8. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    I was planning on increasing to 0.5U tonight, but the little voice in the back of my head says I don't have enough data.

    I'd like her to be blue ps with blue/green throughout. Is that feasible on current dose?
     
  9. carfurby

    carfurby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    There's no way to know for sure. You'll just have to see how things go. Since she's so low right now, holding is probably a good idea.
     
    majandra likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

    Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2015
    She’s allready back in the greens! I’d hold this dose for now.
     
    majandra likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

    Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    There is still room for an increase given what you have seen so far. Let’s see If more data tells you otherwise.
     
  12. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Yeah I think I will err on side of caution and gather data tomorrow.
     
  13. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Lowest ps= 5.8 (104)
    Shifting time up by 10 minutes
     
  14. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
  15. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    I will be doing another test before bed, and am prepared to set my alarm and sleep on couch if needed. At what point should I give a higher carb food (outside of hypo protocol)? Or give the usual lc unless she gets too close? I gave 1 oz lc at shot time and 0.5 oz at +2.
     
  16. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    BG is still the same.
    should I grab a +4 or grab a little sleep at test +5?
     
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 2:48 AM
  17. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Going to leave out some lc and catch a nap
     
  18. Wendy&Neko

    Wendy&Neko Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    He is surfing. You could give a little LC and test in an hour.
     
  19. majandra

    majandra Member

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2018
    Really helps when I hit "save" on my alarm!
    She's still only a little above last test. Nice surfing Rhubarb!
     

Share This Page