12/09 Mačka AMPS 281, +4 103, +6 102, PMPS 210!!!! No greens but wow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

2. Penelope and Mačka

+4 103, I cannot believe it!

I was scheduled to work today, but then was cancelled, and I'm so glad now I stayed at home!

This dose is working!

Not sure what to do at +4. I just gave him 1/4 can of LC (3%). Should I test in an hour?

Red & Rover (GA) and AmandaE like this.
  3. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Hi Penelope. So happy that you are seeing BLUES!:) I'm still trying to find the 'right dose'!. If you edit your title and put the question mark at the front, you may get more experienced eyes on your question. Personally, I don't think a test would hurt. It will give you more data as to what Macka is doing.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  4. Penelope and Mačka

Good luck finding the right dose! I hope you can find it soon, thanks to tight regulation. We've been in the FD for 6 months now, and only seeing real movement now :/ Weirdly enough, I feel like a total newbie now that Macka's BG patterns are changing. I just don't know what to do!

Sonia & Leo and Kelsey & Lilly like this.
  5. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I would test for fun! if he hits green that is so exciting!! I think LC instead of MC was a very good idea, it looks like Mačka is having an awesome cycle!

6. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

You’re doing everything right, Penelope :) I hope Macka sees nice greens soon!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great plan. Paws crossed he’ll be down those couple points.

8. Penelope and Mačka

I guess the LC snack was too effective! He's at +5 109...

Should I test in 2 hours?

9. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Judging from past cycles, the next hour might be his lowest point. If he’ll tolerate, you could test in an hour to see if you can catch the green.

10. Wendy&Neko

He’s flat. Giving a couple tsps when they first hit green (or close) can help them surf or hang out in flat numbers. Mission accomplished.

11. Penelope and Mačka

+6 102. I guess no greens today on the Nova max :confused:

12. Penelope and Mačka

Yes he's completely flat. What tests should I get now? His ears are very sore from yesterday and today... I don't want to hurt him too much.

Does it look like this dose is kicking in?

13. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks green to me. Meter variance.

14. Wendy&Neko

Sixth cycle on this dose, depot is full, you are seeing what this dose can do.:cool:

You could wait a couple hours until the next test. Maybe another tsp of LC first.

15. Wendy&Neko

Most important of all, how does Macka like these numbers? I know his momma does. :)

16. Penelope and Mačka

Well, he’s very quiet. I thought he was sick today until I read the number on the meter. He went patrolling twice in the garden but mostly is just very tired and sleepy. I hope it’s just because of the lower numbers. Thanks for asking!

I am very happy with the evolution of his numbers. However worried about the next days because I will be at work. I always try to come back for lunch though.

I wonder if he will see greens on this dose? I don’t think I am going to increase tonight.

17. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Congratulations on those beautiful blues! Enjoy the new territory! Gotta make you feel so much better than those high numbers, right?

18. Penelope and Mačka

Thank you! As long as he’s flat, yes!!!

19. Wendy&Neko

With low blues, it’s fine to hold a couple more cycles on TR.

When kitties are first in lower numbers than they are used to, they can get quiet. My girl hid under the bed for her first greens, :rolleyes: eventually they get used to it and feel best there.

20. Penelope and Mačka

+8 154.
    Still surfing but coming up. I wonder if we’ll see a bounce tonight? I kinda need a good night sleep...:p

21. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

I lol'ed too hard at this, as I am guilty.

AmandaE and Penelope and Mačka like this.
  22. Kelsey & Lilly

Kelsey & Lilly Member

Go Macka go!!! What a beautiful surf!! Good job mama!

Just for validation -- Lilly and I also only started seeing some real progress on TR and she is also very much much more lethargic in the blues and greens. I rationalize it as the pinks being her "new normal" and she's not used to feeling the real normal numbers anymore. My sister is a Type 1 Diabetic and said it very much feels super crappy to be bouncy and then lower than your normal. But she also said she got used to it more and more as her BGs became more controlled and stabilized.

AmandaE and Penelope and Mačka like this.
  23. Penelope and Mačka

A diabetic friend of mine said the same, and added that you see all blurry for a while when you leave high numbers, and that it feels like being in hypo.

Kelsey & Lilly likes this.
  24. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Wow! Looking great Macka!

25. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Penelope,

Nice to see Macka is doing well. What a difference a few months makes, huh? And you seem much calmer, good for you! I remember when you first came on the board that first week and you were so stressed about shooting much higher numbers. Did you ever think this day would come?:)

26. Penelope and Mačka

Oh my, I still tremble whenever I shoot :) But yes, beginnings were particularly tough for us, because on top of the diabetes, there was DKA and pancreatitis in the game too, and Macka was so weak and sick.

Tonight he's at 210 PMPS! Can you believe it? i am going to shoot it, but will also most likely stay up late because yes, I am still scared!

Kelsey & Lilly likes this.