12/1 Luna - HI yesterday, LO tonight

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by For_Luna, Dec 1, 2019.

1. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

I really want to know what's going on in this cat's body. Yesterday, after two decent days and a blue start, we were HI until PMPS. Today, after an AMPS of 358, we got down to LO (follow up test said 46) at +11. We thought it was off since we got a false HI earlier and we've been getting scanning errors, but we checked with our meter and it said 66. We fed 20g and tested again...LO. Fed some more and tested 15 minutes later and got a 78. Most recent test is 93

We're trying not to make any changes without speaking to our vet first, but in case he doesn't respond, we're thinking about delaying 30 minutes and reducing to 1.5U (down from 2U). Any thoughts?

I know we shouldn't feed before we get a PMPS, but I wasn't sure what to do with her already being LO. Nowadays she keeps dropping the entire cycle, so even though our meter said 66, we didn't want to risk her still dropping.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you delay shot time a couple hours? What carbs was that 20g you fed? And yes, always feed a LO.

This dose is too high, regardless what the vet says.

3. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

We can probably go an hour. She's at 102 now. And the way she bounces, we'll be sky high in no time.

The food is 10%. It's the only thing we feed now.

And yes, the dose is too high now

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would withhold food for that hour, and see if she’s still rising on her own. I would guess yes, a bounce.

For_Luna likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Up to 104. Going with 1.5U and will be watching her closely tonight. Happy to see we don't need a higher dose, but would have preferred she didn't drop at +11. That +10 would have helped, but she went up between +8 and +9...this cat.

7. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Luna is a special one. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Dan - what meter are you using? Are you still using the Libre? Given your description of the readings, you might want to get a back-up meter.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Why the 0.5u reduction?
    I would have probably gone with 1.75u, reducing by 0.25u as per TR.

How long has the meter been attached? I seem to remember folk having problems with it scanning toward the end of its use.

10. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yes, still using the Libre. Our back up is a ReliOn. Whenever we see something weird, we double check with the backup.

11. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

We're following the advice of our vets until Luna is back to normal. She's been through a lot and there are multiple vets in a few different states working with us to get her healthy. Once we're in a good place, we'll consider following one of the protocols again.

And we have 4 days left on the meter. We've noticed more frequent scanning errors and got some false HI readings. We have a back up meter to check if something looks off.

Gill & George likes this.
  12. Gill & George

You might want to let them know that you are able to shoot those x.25/ x.75 doses, most vets do not even contemplate that it's possible,the 1/2 unit changes up and down may be too much of a change in either direction, one way not enough and she is high the otherway too much and she's low.

13. Gill & George

That's what I remember someone else noting.