12/11 Loudogg AMPS 169 +6 181 +8 125 PMPS 104 +6.5 86 +9.5 59

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

December 10, 2018 Condo

Good morning all,
    Yesterday was a bust for BGs all around due to Lou's contraband. So what does he do? Gets in to more contraband of course. :facepalm::p This time it was a LC "safe" version for him - bonito flakes that must have fallen out of the pantry. Thankfully his AMPS is much prettier this morning, but I want to see what he's up to today, as I'm thinking the 1.75u is not actually enough for him. I think if he doesn't get back to the greens today I should up him to 2.0u. Would you all agree? If so, would you increase at PMPS, or tomorrow am? I was thinking if his PMPS isn't low enough (since so far he seems to be nadiring around preshot time) that I should just increase tonight to get the NDW out of the way.

I am absolutely exhausted this morning, as we were really busy at work yesterday. I'm excited that I have the next two days off. Caleb has another eye procedure on Thursday so I took that day off to bring him to the appointment. I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely! Sending vines to Miss P (@Phoebes), Mr. Jones (@Tracey&Jones), and Jamie and Sammie (@Bellasmom). :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Silly kitty getting into the contraband. At least it was LC this time. I hope Lou slides down today. I'm not sure about increasing yet since you have just switched to Lev. I don't know how much time you need to wait to settle into the new insulin. You may want to put dose ? in your subject line.

3. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hope Lou heeds the dosecrease threat and comes down for you.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

At least it was LC contraband. Hope he comes down today and maybe you won't need to increase.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Well small mercies on the LC Contraband!

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Sounds like Lou is an Expert on getting his FIX for Junk food! :p It's surprising his BG went up so much on low carb?

Kinda difficult to tell what this dose will do? He recently dropped to 45 on 2 units. Maybe wait a bit longer before you increase?

Come on Lou be a good boy & try to control your Munchies! :D

Hope you have a GREAT Day!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would increase tomorrow morning if you don't see green by then. First off, you sound exhausted and who couldn't use more sleep. :) Second, it'll be six cycles after the green so you know he won't be bouncing. This is the sixth cycle on this dose, depot should be built so you know what it can do, ie. mid to high blues. You could technically increase tonight, but if he's breaking a bounce tonight on top of an increase, there goes that sleep.

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Increase threat out there :eek:
    Sending DH vines

9. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Well he was at 104 at PMPS. No sign of green today, so I figured I would give him tonight to see if something surprising happens. If not, I'll increase to 2.0u tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone, I hope you've had a wonderful day!