12/14 River (AMPS 43/49/65)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yesterday's thread

Weeeeeeeeeell this is a new adventure. River SEEMS completely fine, but this is the lowest BG we've seen in her since we started testing.

We have not given her her shot yet (supposed to have done so about 15 minutes ago) and despite having read all the hypo documentation I am totally paralyzed as to what to do.

She is acting completely normal.

2. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

We should have stayed up with her last night to monitor her 30 minutes after her 53 at +4.5 (as @Wendy&Neko suggested after I'd already passed out) but it didn't even occur to me; that's how overextended I am right now.

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No shot for sure! She does what Teasel often does - nadir at PS time. It's hard to know what to do. o_O

4. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Teasel does this too? WTF???

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sure does - have a look at his SS. For him there's no clear cut method that works consistently. Sometimes I give a BCS; sometimes I give the full dose and get lucky; sometimes I give the full dose and he dives into lime green ... I'm a lot further along the FD journey than you are with my extremely tricky kitty so I can take these things in stride though. It's also the reason why I do my own thing with dosing and rarely advise here. :confused:

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

NO kicking yourself. We all get pooped out sometimes and River is just fine. That's what is important.
    Have you fed her anything? Test her again now to see if BG is rising.

Joanne&TinySole and Paigeworthy like this.
  7. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yes. She's come up to 65 now. Wondering if River should get that reduction you mentioned starting tonight.

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

River did earn a reduction for tonight with that 43 this morning. You got this! :D

9. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

"earning a reduction" makes it sound so…meritorious.

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well isn't it!?! ;) She's making her Momma happy! Giving her heart failure doing it but a step in the right direction! :woot:

11. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

I guess!! :cat:

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the reduction. Next time you are beat at night and she is lowish, just leave lots of food out for her to keep herself safe. We can all relate to how tired making this dance is. :bighug:

The one upside to skipping is draining the depot. But with DKA history, I would sneak in a ketones test.

13. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

This is the exact situation I have with Murphy. He went to 29 this week out of the clear blue sky. Getting those lime greens are just part of the experience, Paige. I left a note on your previous thread about whether you'd like to pick up the denamarin and ursodiol One thing with ursodiol, consider taurine supplementation as it increases urinary taurine excretion. I put some in Murphy's food every morning. and take a look at the excellent site ibdkitties.net - they have lots of info on triaditis there

14. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Hope tonight goes well for her :)