12/15 Hogan (Day 3) AMPS 506, +3 368, +6 254, +9 278, PMPS 279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hogan, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Hogan

Hogan Member

Hogan Day 2

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I double-checked that I'm loading the right amount of insulin into the syringe. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing fur shots. He's acting fine, eating and drinking less than before, but what I would consider is normal for a healthy cat. His urine output is drastically reduced, he's only peeing once a day about what you would expect for a normal cat. He did poop yesterday, but he definitely could be a little constipated based on the "output". He seems relaxed and comfortable, always more sleepy directly after the insulin shot, and then gets more energetic around +6.

Do I just need to be patient? Or do I need to raise the dose?

I'll test at +3, +6, and +9 today.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry no one responded to you earlier. I am glad you held the dose. With SLGS you hold the initial dose for seven days and today is just day three, You need to let the depot build up. He’s also bouncing in response to the greens of the first day. Bounces can take six cycles to resolve. Which would put him on target for nicer numbers tomorrow.

As you’ve noted, he is feeling better. Cats are more than just their numbers.