12/15 Rhubarb AMPS=140 +1 113, +2 67 +3 50 +5 61 +11 72 PMPS=83 +1.25 88 +3 68 +4 76 +8 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by majandra, Dec 15, 2018.

1. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I don't like the amps. Think tonight I will give her no mc at all, not even a tiny amount - she seems to be overreacting to it now.

Hope everyone has a great saturday!

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Rhubarb's still looking good. Hope keeping her strictly on lc eliminates the slightly higher preshots.

majandra likes this.
  3. majandra

Her urine is still negative for glucose (and ketones) so that's what's most important, but I still want her as close to normal as possible!

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Does she have a history of ketones? Usually, you only have to worry about that with higher BG numbers. Rhubarb's ss is mainly blues/greens.

majandra likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

She is looking really good! Her numbers are all nice safe greens. I think with 1 drop on board now (amazing!) that you shouldn't have to give any MC food.

majandra likes this.
  6. majandra

No history of it, but I have ketodiastix, so I have been using as a renal threshold check since her sugars have come down. Those strips are the cheapest part of things! And given the consistent negatives for glucose, I won't need to test again.

She is down to 113@+1

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

That higher AMPS might just signify a tiny bounce from that long run of greens yesterday or some other unknown reason. Nothing to worry about. Rhubarb is doing great! :D

majandra likes this.
  8. majandra

67@+2
    I wonder if I injected too low towards belly

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

I don't think that should make much difference unless you happened to inject into muscle. I'm inclined to think Rhubarb might have reacted differently to her shot if that were the case because IM injections are generally more "noticeable" to the recipient than SubQs. Rhubarb is definitely working that juice! :D

majandra likes this.
  10. majandra

50@+3
    Gave a bit more lc

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  11. MrWorfMen's Mom

Boy she is on a mission today! :D

12. majandra

68@+3.5
    That's a bit better.

13. Bobbie And Bubba

Nice to see that she responds nicely to lc food when she is low. I would still get another test 30 at +4 to make sure the food hasn't worn off; she might need some more.

majandra likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice surf! :D

Have you tried giving Rhubarb a small snack at +8-9 each cycle? It might bring down those higher preshots. It would be ideal to see all green at this point.

15. majandra

She was 58@+4
    Was making breakfast so didn't get back to phone for a bit

16. majandra

I do leave food out at all but +10-12
    Daytime is easy to do that.
    She always has food left over in mornings so not sure how to ensure she eats at night other than getting up and putting it at her nose at the right time.

17. majandra

61@+5, so I can give her ears a break for the rest of this cycle I think.

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Definitely harder with a grazer to get them to eat when you want. With a sputtering pancreas, a little bit of food late in the cycle can kick in the pancreas and bring down those preshots. Do you get up at PM +10 to remove food or just let it be?

majandra likes this.
  19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my! You're in the fun zone for sure! Those low numbers - I want, I want, I want...just wish Luci would look over my shoulder and see that one! All I want for Christmas is a cat in remission:D:D:D!

majandra likes this.
  20. majandra

I have an auto feeder that removes the food at +10 bid

I hope Luci gets there too!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  21. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Rhubarb is looking good. :D

majandra likes this.
  22. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Rhubarb might be planning a lovely Christmas present for you (shhhh ... starts with "R"). :D

23. MrWorfMen's Mom

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Beautiful surf!!!

majandra likes this.
  25. majandra

She's only 72 at +11
    Given how the day is going, what do I do come shot time if she is not up to at least 90?

26. MrWorfMen's Mom

Well technically, you shoot the drop! Chances are good she will surf along in green numbers and be a good girl. Then there's you, the Bean, who won't want to trust that's what she will do, SO ultimately, it's up to you. Are you up for testing for a few hours to confirm she is staying safe or do you need some rest? Do you have plenty of supplies on hand on the off chance you need them? That said, she was at 50 earlier and that could have been a little below or above 50. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. If you need some rest after the last few nights, I'd skip and see how she does without her drop dose. Other than those blue pre-shots in the AM, she's looking excellent! The nice thing about Lantus is that you can shoot low numbers and they usually just surf along beautifully.

majandra likes this.
  27. majandra

It is sure nerve wracking!
    I don't want to skip if I can help it- that reduces chances of healing doesn't it?

28. majandra

4.6 (83)@ +12

29. MrWorfMen's Mom

I think when you get to this point, you are helping move things in the right direction but Mother Nature is ultimately the boss and will decide if/when that special goal is reached. I found when I got to this point, missing a shot didn't make any difference whatsoever but ECID. It would be good to get those pre-shots in the AM down but then I can't help but wonder if it's possible she may have been going lower overnight and those pre-shots are a tiny bounce. I know my ramblings aren't helping. If I were you, and I had the energy, I'd shoot. If you are too tired, call it and skip.

majandra likes this.
  30. majandra

This is where I hate being indecisive!
    I do have supplies and am not working tomorrow. maybe it's good to see what happens.

31. majandra

Shot given, now to wait :)

32. majandra

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    The nights with the blue amps after all had mc or hc food given early into cycle. I need to get my ss notes updated better on my comp. I have a note file on phone that has more info than anyone could ever want lol

33. majandra

34. MrWorfMen's Mom

I forgot about that. Certainly could be a factor.
    She seems to be surfing along nicely so far tonight. :D

majandra likes this.
  35. majandra

85@+8
    Tsp lc given and finished, and couple tsp in auto feeder but she likely won't get up to eat before it rotates at +10