12/17/19 Charlotte trial day 14. AMBG 57; PMBG 58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Charlotte and Lucky’s mom, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...l-day-13-ambg-47-pmbg-57.223003/#post-2494401

Good morning all!! Final day and she’s doing well!! Best Christmas present I could get this year!! I want to thank everyone on this board that chimed in from day one to help and guide me along this rocky journey. :bighug::bighug: Hugs to you!! You are all the best teachers and hand holders! :) This board was a gem to have found and one that I will certainly pass on to my diabetic clients!! I’ve learned a lot more about diabetes and appreciate all of the invaluable wisdom that has been shared. :D:D I give all of you a lot of credit for what you do for your kitties!! I hope that those that are on their way to the Falls continue to do well and that those kitties still finding their way stay safe for all of their mamas (& dadas!). I hope this board continues on for many years!! Robin and Charlotte :cat::)

2. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

Congratulations! That is a Great present ! Way to go!!!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How exciting! Congratulations!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):)

4. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

YES!!!!! SO happy for you! What a wonderful gift!! Now tell your daughters to keep her safe, please!

5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Happy you received such a wonderful gift!

Congratulations!!

6. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

I’m trying to instill that into her head!!! Ugh! Kids:banghead::banghead:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Reason for edit: Typo
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Congratulations !!!!!

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Charlotte had your Christmas present planned all along! I’m so happy for you and your family Robin! You’ve done such a great job taking care of Charlotte, I hope she has a long and happy stay at the falls :D :joyful:

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

What a wonderful gift!!! Congratulations to you both!

And don't you just wish there was a PSA on TV about this board? I do! I knew nothing when we started down this road...so glad to have found this group - and all of the wonderful people here too!

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We are glad you found us too. :bighug: Charlotte is another good example of a kitty that “snapped” into regulation once she found the right dose. Plus, I think as a diabetic cat owner, it would be so cool to have a vet that got her own cat into remission.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congratulations!!

Thank you for being so willing to learn from what some have referred to as "those crazy cat ladies on the internet." Not every vet would suggest their clients seek us out let alone be willing to learn from non-veterinary professionals. Your trust is greatly appreciated.

I hope you will continue to visit. This is family and we miss those family members who don't stop by to let us know how they are doing.

12. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats! and I do hope you will visit every so often! :bighug::bighug:

13. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

We will definitely check in every day as we want to make sure all of those on their way to the Falls reach it and we want to make sure that the rest of the kitties surf safely!! :D:D

Sonia & Leo and AmandaE like this.
  14. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Oh, we will definitely be around for a while!! We want to make sure that all her kitty friends are safe and doing well.

They call me the crazy cat lady at work bc I have 6 and they know they are a soft spot in my heart so we are all of the same mind set!!

I have no problem learning from others that are well versed in something that I am not. I don’t pretend to know everything bc I know that I don’t!! They don’t teach us everything in depth in school! Not only did I learn all about Lantus with cats but I also picked up a few tricks with the holistic meds that have been suggested here for a few other issues. Again, something that I will also suggest to my clients!! My dad was a diabetic and was on lantus with a short acting insulin as well, but he only tested 4 times a day. Things are quite different with cats!! As you all say, ECID! How true that this is!!
    I truly appreciate all of your help each and every one of you as I knew no one that had used lantus but 1 vet. She, however, didn’t mention anything to me about the vigilant testing and I am glad that I found this board as I probably would not be here rejoicing today!!
    Again, I want to sincerely thank you ALL from the bottom of our hearts!!! Charlotte and Robin :kiss::kiss::D:D:cat::cat:

15. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thanks Wendy!! Again, I couldn’t have done it without all of you!! :kiss::kiss::):):cat::cat:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Oh I will definitely promote this board to my clients!! Again, her success is bc of all of the help from you all!! Many thanks! :bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  17. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Yup! You are there! Congratulations and we hope to see you at the Falls in the near future sometime!

upload_2019-12-17_20-52-6.png

18. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Thank you and we will be waiting for you both!! :):cat:

19. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Just curious because you mentioned you will tell your clients about the board -- what do you do?

20. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Our last vet here had a cat that turned out to have acromegaly. It is so much nicer to see this outcome. :D

21. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

Oh! You are a vet?!? Amazing!!! How cool is that !?!

22. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

I’m a vet. :)But I had never used lantus on a cat nor knew any colleague that used it successfully.

23. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

WOW!!!!!! I am so impressed! It took me many tries to find a vet that was open to me trying TR. I am so glad that you can now help so many people & kitties with your new knowledge. Hope you and Charlotte are still partying!

24. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Yes coincidentally I had a new client for an appointment last week and her cat was a diabetic. She was in for routine stuff and I asked her which insulin she was on. She told me Lantus :woot::woot: and I was in shock. She was not told to check him at home by the clinic she came from.:banghead: Well, I got on my soapbox with her and told her how important it was to be checking his numbers at home and why. I also immediately had her pull her phone out and I brought her to this site and told her how great all these members are. :D:DI hope she took what I told her to heart and will pursue my advice! :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  25. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

You made my day with that story! I wish we could clone you & send you all over the world to help! One of the vets I met took a look at the spreadsheet and actually said, "You don't want to micro-manage this. Some cats are just meant to have diabetes." :banghead::banghead::banghead: Needless to say, I kept looking. Thanks for all the good you are doing! You and Charlotte make the world a better place! Happy Holidays!

26. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Aww.. thanks! I try to do my best and what I don’t know enough about, I try to learn more as best I can. Definitely having to walk in a diabetic’s shoes has taught me more than from a book!!

27. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

I had a similar conversation as well. Telling me to just do a curve once a week - and the vet himself has diabetes. :banghead:

28. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Ugh!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::eek:

29. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

YAY!!! Congratulation:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! Congrats! this is so wonderful!

31. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:bighug:

32. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:banghead::banghead::banghead::eek::eek::eek: