12/18 Quintus AMPS 391 PMPS 472: strategy for Friday, not home for shot?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...pmps-583-2-677-how-high-can-he-bounce.188156/

Today went OK it seems! My lovely neighbour dropped in twice in the morning to make sure he ate some more. I got home exactly at shot time, which means I actually shot him 10 minutes late. I can't shoot 10 minutes later tomorrow morning. When I need to take the bus, I leave at 6.15 and am home at 18:10...

Anyway. Continuing the conversation started in my previous thread. I have two scheduling issues:

- this Friday, I can only get home in the evening 2h after shot time
    - on 25th evening, somebody else will give him his shot, and might not be very flexible if I need to move the shot time (to be confirmed but it's dependent on travel and a plan for that person to be home around 1h after normal shot time)
    - I am stuck with leaving the house right after shot time tomorrow, Thursday, Friday.

So, there are options:
    - skip the shot
    - shoot late, and move backwards in 15 minute increments (SatAM, SatPM, SunAM, SunPM, MonAM, MonPM) meaning I can nibble back 1h30 and hopefully have a MonPM shot time which will work with my "spare shooter"'s schedule
    - shoot late, reduced dose, and pick up the next morning as usual
    - shoot late, and reduce the dose the next morning (does that make sense?)

None of the above? Is it very important? Depot will be messed with anyway I suppose.

2. Steph & Quintus & L & O

So, caught up on the previous thread: I'm leaning towards shoot late and work the dose backwards. It'll also allow me to catch some much-needed zzzs in the morning...

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Add "shoot late on Friday and move ahead faster if numbers warrant on advice from here" to the list. Another option is moving the shot back on schedule by 1/2 hour once a day, instead of 15 minutes per cycle.

4. Steph & Quintus & L & O

I can go with that. Thanks.

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's 2 reduced doses in a row because when you shoot late, it acts as a reduced dose. But then again, if you are shooting early in the morning with a reduced dose, it may cancel each other out. I don't know. :confused:

6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

It would be great to have guidelines like "an hour late, reduce next dose by x% or y UI" :)

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Stephanie,

I see you're coping with this week's complicated schedule and your notes indicate a happy kitty. He's in bounce mode right now in the aftermath of those greens and might also be responding to the smaller dose. How is your anxiety level? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.