? 12-21 Gizmo Cabergoline Question AMPS=373; +3=248; +6=241; PMPS=264; +3=328; +5.25=381

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

PMPS = 264
    +3 = 328

Not sure what is going on right now. Tonight is Cycle 5 of 6 units and of course we are unable to monitor tomorrow (not that Gizmo has been anywhere near greens lately).

I'm beginning to question some things ... I dropped the insulin bottle a while ago (not sure if I wrote it down - will have to look). It was inside the carton and it seemed fine besides a few bubbles. Now I'm wondering if that could have damaged the insulin.

Also, the last bottle of cabergoline was different. And now this new bottle is the same way. I'm really beginning to think that may be the cause of his difference in numbers. The past 2 bottles have been thinner and lighter in color than the previous bottles. Has anyone else noticed the consistency of the cabergoline changing? I'm curious as to whether others is thicker or a thin liquid. @Marvin's Mom - Nat @Jadi & Tiffany

If anyone could look at Gizmo's spreedsheet and offer any insight, I'd appreciate it. :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

We were not on Cabergoline for long, but every time I got it, it was kinda thick.

3. Chubba (GA)

Hmm ... interesting. I wonder why ours is now thinner. I might have to call the pharmacy to investigate.

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, I would have them exchange that bottle.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

He’s had time to clear any bounces. If he doesn’t come down to blue this cycle, and depending on whether you will be able to monitor, you might consider increasing the dose to 6.5u.

I doubt you did any damage to the insulin. I dropped my pens several times. As long as it is clear and doesn’t have floaties, it’s probably fine. The bubbles won’t matter as long as you can get them out when you dose.

I don’t k ownthe answer to the cabergoline question and hopefully one of those who uses it will soon respond.

6. Chubba (GA)

Going to contact the pharmacy tomorrow and see what they say. It has actually been the past 2 bottles, so I'm not sure if they changed something or not (but I just started the 2nd bottle last night). Might be looking for a new pharmacy. :banghead:

After tomorrow, I'm off until the first of the year. So I will be able to monitor. Guess it is increase until we can get his numbers back down and the cabergoline figured out. I really didn't think it was the insulin. We've suspected the cabergoline, but didn't look into it and we should have with the first bottle. :facepalm: Now I feel like we are back at square 1. :banghead:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sounds like a good plan and that gives him a bit more time to decide if he wants to come down into blue.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sometimes compounders use different solution for their base. Neko's bupe changed at one point because the pharmacist couldn't get the original in. Sometimes they use oil vs. water base which will look different.

Good luck with the increase.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  9. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed! It's so disconcerting when meds appear different.... :bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Would the pharmacy be able to tell her if it was compounded different from the first one to the last two?

Are you using a local pharmacy? If you need a 2nd one let me know. There are a couple here in Houston. One is a large, vet pharmacy and the other is a smaller, independent pharmacy but is highly recommended by several vets here in the Houston area. I spoke with them re: the Iron supplement for Gizmo and they were very knowledgeable and informed.

11. Jadi & Tiffany

Jadi & Tiffany Member

Hi there,

We have had good weeks and bad weeks and I have questioned the Cabergoline, but usually, (my vet and I think) it turns out to be something that is going on with her internally....pain or infection. Tiff is having a good BG week, but this Acro is a total bummer and constantly keeps us on our toes. If you think it could be the compounding, I would definitely question the pharmacy.

Good Luck and have a Merry Christmas!!
    Jadi and Tiff

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  12. Marvin's Mom - Nat

Marvin's Mom - Nat Well-Known Member

Marvin's is kind of light, probably water base. It is different from time to time I find too. I don't think my phamacy is consistant with how they make it, but it's the only one here.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.