12/22 Quintus AMPS 166, back home PMPS+2, dose&timing advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...319-pmps-337-active-cat-no-drama-today.188377

I should be home in about an hour (fingers crossed), which would mean in time to give Quintus his shot at PMS+2.

I can shoot twelve hours later and have flexibility for moving the shot around or keeping an eye on him tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday morning. By Monday evening his shot time needs to be back 1h-1h30 from tonight’s hopeful shot time.

Current plan is to shoot 2.25 even if late tonight, sleep in tomorrow morning (need it) and shoot 15 minutes earlier (and so on) except if test numbers give the board better ideas.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nice AMPS today. :cool:

Your shooting plan sounds good. If you find he's bouncing and going high, there might be a cycle where you can shoot earlier. So, if after the sleep in, and he's bouncing, try getting a +11 and post here for advice. The experienced peeps may say it's OK on that cycle to move move the shot up more.

3. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Tested (blue), fed, and done! phew, what a day. sleeping in tomorrow. will wake up in 11:30 hours, folks.

4. Wendy&Neko

Nice to see blue again. If you can't test tonight, I would definitely leave out extra food. Flat blue can mean an active cycle to follow.

Since you shot at +14, I would 7.2@+14 in your PMPS column, so we can see at a glance that you shot two hours later. Not everyone looks over to the Remarks column.

5. SMM

SMM Member

Surf safely Quintus!

6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Hoping I can go to bed with no worries?

7. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Fixed the SS. I actually always leave an extra bowl of kibble just in case. He likes the LC so much better that he won't eat it unless he's REALLY hungry.

He's eaten over half of his shot food, more than usual, as he was hungry. Maybe I should add a bit more to the mix?

8. Wendy&Neko

Test before you hit the pillow, then decide based on whether he's going up, down or flat in numbers.

9. Steph & Quintus & L & O

10. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Is this flat enough?

11. Steph & Quintus & L & O

12. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Is there any way you can get a +3.5 or +4 to make sure he's staying flat before going to bed?

13. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Really interesting SS numbers lately... you must be really pleased, Stephanie! Is this a result of more of the wet food, less of the dry, do you think?

I'm also glad to see that your work schedule isn't playing too much havoc with the numbers - is that right? You work quite long hours at a stretch, don't you?

Love all your Facebook pics and videos, by the way.

14. Wendy&Neko

If you can get one more test that says he's not still dropping, that would be good. Nice to see those upper greens again.:D

15. Steph & Quintus & L & O

+11 and a bit 250
    I suspect it means I could shoot a bit early and not wait?

16. Wendy&Neko

I think you could shoot 1/2 hour early but it's a bit low for much earlier,

17. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Thanks! Yes, I'm quite pleased to see how far down he's come. And even more pleased that my vet wants him "in the green"! The initial guideline he had gave me was aiming for under 20, so it's nice to hear we've become more ambitious (and that he even mentioned remission as something not completely pie-in-the-sky, too).

I think three things (maybe four) are coming into play:
    - indeed, the food transition
    - stable doses and shots (it wasn't the case initially)
    - Quintus was still under treatment for his gallbladder (just finished this last week) and is still under antibiotics to help with his pancreatitis, and clearly those antibiotic shots help him because he's always better after them. I suspect they are slowly doing their job, and whatever primary or secondary infection there is around his pancreas is now more under control
    - lastly, I started giving him his anti-inflammatories again (we had stopped mid-Nov) and I think it's making a huge difference to how active and generally happy he is, so he's in less pain and moves more. That must help too!

Regarding work, yes, my normal days (4/week) keep me away 12h, visible in the spreadsheet this week. I did more evening testing than would be wise in the future and reached the end of this week in a very sorry state, sleep-deprived and at the end of my rope (physically and emotionally). I'm off until the 3rd and not going back to the office until the 8th, so that means I have time to recuperate and deal with Quintus's diabetes without being away too much. I'm hoping that by the 8th I "know my kitty" enough to be more relaxed about leaving him.

18. Steph & Quintus & L & O

half an hour earlier would be nowish and pretty much what I'd aim at.

OR I can stick to the normal time and take another step in the food transition. Maybe smarter?

19. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Uh oh I collapsed but he seems to have survived OK! +2.5 was already pushing it given how exhausted I was...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.