12/24 Boomer OTJ Trial Day 7 AMBG 144 +6 97 photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning
    AMBG 144 :eek::eek::eek:

Yesterday I gave him a new food because he had really liked the treats by the same company. It's Orijen "whole prey" diet and it's freeze-dried. When I go through the ingredient list, it looks appropriate for a diabetic. Their breakdown is 85% meat, 15% fruit/veg, no grains no sweet potato no tapioca. I usually go by the ingredient list and not by the nutritional breakdown....but with that higher PMBG and now the AMBG I looked and the breakdown indicates carbs 15%.
    Help! I finally find a food that Boomer likes and it's raising his BG :(:(:(
    Could someone take a look at the ingredient list (link is above)? Am I missing something?

I'll try to get him to eat the canned food today to see if his levels come back down.

Cerenia and mirtz were on board at 7:00 last night. Bupre always given every 12 hours.

Yesterday I almost didn't go to the river to find the eagles because I was quite happy with the photo from the day before and didn't really think I could top it. Well....I did lol. I wasn't even as far as the parking lot and had to pull over in a hurry when I saw the Eagles sitting together and this time they were side by side!

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer eats for you today. Sorry the new food is making his numbers higher. Great picture.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

My vet said that sometimes when we find something they will finally eat we just have to adjust the insulin, but he’s so close to OTJ

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous eagle photo , Judy ! Behave for your Momma , Mr Booms . I don't know bout you , Judy , but his eating trumps raised BG ...just my opinion :bighug: Sending more prayers .

5. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful picture!! Hoping Boomer will come down for you. The fact that he is eating something with vigor is important in a cat imho. Have a great day!!

6. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you found something he will eat! hopefully his bg will regulate on it?
    Have a great day!

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Happy Day 6 sweet little Boomer!! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Who says you can't beat perfection!! Wow Judy!!! The eagle pictures are stunning!!

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I think eating is more important. How but trying some crumbled in wet food? Maybe it will be enough to get him eating a little better but with less of the dry.

Great shot of the happy couple.

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Mom, I say you count this as Day 7! If you know it's the food raising his numbers but he likes it and is eating, all is good. Hopefully his BG will come down some.

HAPPY DAY 7 BOOMER!

Beth 73 and Judy and Boomer like this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

Yes you're right, it should have been day 7!

13. Judy and Boomer

Yes I may try that but for today I'm trying to keep him away from the freeze-dried so I can see whether his numbers come down.

14. Judy and Boomer

So he brought it back down. +6 97:D

15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good job Boomer

16. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I liked the Fit and Trim, but yes, those lentils still give carbs. Around 15% seems right, but I haven't done the calculation in a while. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. If Boomer likes it, and given your circumstances....happy kitty = happy mama

17. Judy and Boomer

So I may have to allow him to have the Orijen at night and then canned food during the day.

18. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Gorgeous pic of the eagles! I saw the baby chick today! Mama Harriet left the nest and he was just sitting there all by himself! That didn't last long though...next time I looked she was on the nest and he was under his mama's warm feathers :)

Have a great day Judy. Glad to hear that Boomer has found something that he likes!

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great pic of the eagle couple.

Too bad Orijen doesn’t make canned food. I would stay away from higher carbs. Cancer likes carbs, no need to feed it. Have you tried any of the freeze dried raw products or Ziwipeaks air dried food?

Half way there Boomer. :D

20. Judy and Boomer

The Orijen is the first freeze dried product I've tried. I'll look for Ziwipeaks.

Merry Christmas Wendy!

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  21. Judy and Boomer

Boomer won't eat. Offered several different choices. He's turning away and licking his lips. Cerenia given at 10:00 pm.