12/25 Freckles PMPS 218, 214 ~@+2 - Hold dose for 8-10 cycles?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Freckles, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

yesterday's post

Merry Christmas Everyone!

upload_2019-12-25_21-23-45.png

so reading from the TR protocol

"Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
    • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing."

If your cat is new to numbers under 200, how many under 200s do you need to hold the dose 8-10 cycles?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

I would think that one is sufficient to hold the dose. However, these blues are on the higher end, so personally I would increase to try to reach lower blues and then hold the dose for 10 cycles! But someone more experienced will jump in I'm sure :)

3. Judy and Freckles

Thanks Penelope. I think it would be ok to increase Freckles' dose too because her SS shows she is not a bouncer at all and her numbers have typically been very flat... but just when you think one thing, something else tends to happen! I'm a bit cautious to increase her dose simply because I'm expecting this forum not to be very busy (given the holiday) and it may be hard to find help if it's needed. Better to be safe and ask than sorry is my way of thinking. :cat:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Unless she shows you low blues by tomorrow PM, you are fine to increase tomorrow night.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Judy and Freckles

Thanks @Wendy&Neko. That gives me confidence to go ahead and increase tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

Sonia & Leo and Wendy&Neko like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you had a great Christmas.

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful day Judy and cute little Freckles!! :bighug: