12/26 Jenks AMPS 78 +4 59 +7 47 +10 64 PMPS 112 +7 107 +10 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

12/20

We officially survived the holidays and are back and ready for action!

Pretty much the only noteworthy thing that has happened in the last 6 days is that we stepped down in dose to 6.5U after a number of trips to the 40s at 6.75U. The reduction seems to have been very effective at eliminating the shark diving, but the tradeoff is more blue which is readily visible in the spreadsheet.

At these lower doses, his cycles have started to show a little instability. For Jenks, it appears that less insulin equals less flatness and a greater reaction to heading into the lower BG range. But even that's a little unpredictable.

For instance, he can hang out in the 70s and 80s all day like on the 22nd. Or, he can get a little bouncy and throw out some blues in response to going under 50 like he did on the 21st and again on the 24th.

The Christmas AM cycle was an anomaly. I must've nicked a capillary with the syringe because I got a big bead of blood when I withdrew it. After seeing the numbers from that cycle, it's apparent to me that the blood must've carried a portion of the insulin out with it because the cycle very much resembles the kind he has when on a BCS dose. But when I gave him a good injection for the PM cycle, his numbers got right back on track and he's been in the 70s ever since.

6.5U has so far been mixed. It's nice to not have to constantly intervene with gravy to pump him up from 30s and 40s. But, I'd like to see less blue, even though the blues that are there now are low 100s and not really anything to complain about.

Objectively, I think he's doing amazing at this dose and we're wishing and hoping reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyy hard that he continues to do great.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Jenks is looking good. I hope he keeps surfing for you. I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Me too :bighug::bighug::bighug:!

4. AZJenks

Pretty solid day for Jenks. He exhibited a pretty normal-looking Lantus curve for the AM cycle, coming down nicely through midcycle to touchdown just under 50 (plus or minus meter variance) before coming up late in the cycle. I'm not wild about the 48 point increase between +10 and PMPS because that's a characteristic reminiscent of pre-vacation cycles when the PMPSes were pretty awful, but if a low 100 is the worst we have to deal with at this dose, we'll happily take it.

We don't have enough data to find a predictable pattern in PMPS yet, but it looks like he can stay green so long as he has a calm cycle before it. However, he looks like he rebounds to a blue PMPS if he goes lime green (even if it's just skirting 50) at any time during the cycle.

Other than that, he's snoozing under the Christmas tree, as comfy as can be.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  5. AZJenks

That low blue is pretty resilient tonight.

6. AZJenks

78 heading into AMPS. Nicely done Mr. Jenks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.