? 12/29 Buddy PMPS 124 Failed Reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandra And Buddy (GA), Dec 29, 2019.

1. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

12/27

Hello! Busy weekend here, I didn't post yesterday.

Looking to me like a failed reduction as he has settled on high greens and mostly blues. Should I take him back up the full .25 or should I take him up half that?

What do you think? TIA

2. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope someone can help you. I wish I could help! Have a good evening

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  3. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Thanks! You too.

4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I think he looks okay on 1 unit. Perhaps you could hold it for one more day to make it 10 cycles and go from there. Someone with more expertise might come along tomorrow maybe :) have a good night!

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I think he looks ok on 1 unit also. Except for a couple of numbers, they are all in the normal range (120 or under) with quite a few greens. He most likely dropped into green numbers yesterday am cycle after the 104 at +4 as you didn’t test until the PMPS when he was 102.
    I’d hold a bit longer as well, and then you may be able to tweak the dose if necessary.
    :)

6. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Sandra. I agree with Crista and Bron to hold this dose. I suspect he’s going to drop back into the lagoon today for a while.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think it looks like a failed reduction, either. However, one option is to "fatten" the dose since you've been at the 1.0u dose for 5 days. The 1.0u dose has brought numbers down to the mid-to-higher greens so it's entirely your call. If Bobbi is correct, holding the dose until tomorrow might help to answer some questions. Just don't hold overly long is you aren't starting to see more green.

With a failed reduction, usually you'd see higher numbers sooner than the length of time you need to hold the dose with TR. Admittedly, it's very hard to sort that out if there's a bounce involved but it doesn't look like Buddy does much bouncing.