12/3 Loudogg AMPS 390! +6 327 PMPS 292 +3 293 - Reduction Failed.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

December 1, 2018 Condo - Day 25 Post Dental

Good morning all,
    Lou earned a reduction to 2.75u on November 30th with a 34 at +6. I had forgotten to give him the rest of his two-part AMPS meal before I went to work, so that might have had an effect. Ever since the 30th, he has not reached green. So either he's bouncing from mid-blues, or this is a failed reduction. It seems weird that he would be bouncing so often mid-cycle, as he usually waits to really accelerate up until the next cycle. Obviously nothing has been going as planned lately, so instead of bringing him back up to 3.0u this morning, I thought I'd get some advice. What do you see? Bouncing from nothing or failed reduction?

On a side note, I am not at all ready for this week to begin. Can't we go back and do the weekend over?? I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely! Sending vines to any kitties and beans in need!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like it could be a failed reduction since you haven't seen any green.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Whatcha doing Lou? Come on down

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

???? Don't know what to say.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I would say give it another cycle, even though it looks like he clears quicker than that usually, just to make sure. If no improvement I would say that missed meal may have given him a reduction that may not of been earned yet.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you don’t see green today, I would call it a failed reduction. Lou doesn’t usually take six cycles to resolve a bounce, though he was quite a bit lower with that 34.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Reason for edit: blasted spell correct
  7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Well, today was a total fail, as he stayed in pinks all day. Tonight he finally reached yellow and I thought I'd continue the 2.75u for the PM cycle just to make certain and see where the slowly decreasing BGs took us. The similar +3 tells me he isn't really going to be moving anywhere. So now I'm definitely comfortable calling it a failed reduction and get him back up to 3.0u tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can get him back to healing numbers soon! Thanks everyone for your advice!