12/3 Ming PMPS=247, +2=148, +4=59, +4.5=56, +5=49, +5.5=59, +6=61 How much of a reduction or at all?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-373-2-391-amps-335-2-306-3-196-8-353.207354/

AMPS = 400
    +3 = 346

I didn't go to work today. My back really hurts (car accident last week) so I'll get the numbers to the Acro test tomorrow. I'm fine though! If I was doing an office job, I'd go to work but I can't imagine restraining dogs right now with my back so stiff.

If Ming doesn't go low by tonight, would we still increase to 7 units even though we know it gets him pretty low? Or go for 6.75 units? Or keep the dose for another 4 cycles and see when the bounce clears?

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would wait until tomorrow morning before thinking about an increase. You could try 6.75 by way if an experiment, though usually small changes aren’t signicant at this size of dose.

Hope your back gets better soon. That’s the worst.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  3. Crista & Ming

Oh yes, I wouldn't increase until tomorrow night anyway just so I can monitor :)

Thanks! It's not that bad really. More a nuisance since I'm going away and am in sort of a limbo whether or not I should see the doctor again. It's like "Hi, my back hurts but I'm leaving for a month and there's nothing you can do about it" LOL!

A bit of good news: +7 = 265!

4. Crista & Ming

PMPS = 247
    Except I think my mom did a fur shot :banghead: I smelled lantus on him :( she wanted to show me how she does it. I also avoid touching him after I shoot but she touches him so maybe it squeezed out.

Noooooo I don’t want s fur shot :( :( :( i want him to be low tonight. I guess we’ll know for sure later.

5. Crista & Ming

+2 = 148

!!! Maybe not a FS after all! Maybe a little bit squirted out but not too much :) Yay!!!!!!

6. Wendy&Neko

Looks like Ming heard that talk about a dose increase. ;) He was sliding down all day, sign of a bounce breaking.

7. Crista & Ming

Yes!

I'm going to threaten him more with dose increases now. :smuggrin:

8. Crista & Ming

+3 = 101

I am feeding him small 1/3-1/4 can of FF meals after each reading because he's hungry and he's being a butt and knocking everything over in sight. He's impossible to deal with when he wants food lol

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Crista & Ming

Ming likes to play games lol

+4 = 59

Will test in half an hour and i fed him 1/3 can of FF. He's eating a lot >_>

10. Wendy&Neko

Slow down Ming!

You can remove the AMPS numbers from the subject line to give the PMPS one more attention.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  11. Crista & Ming

*thumbs up*

This sort of looks like the PM cycle on 11/28 but that was on 7 units.

12. Crista & Ming

+6 = 49

Reduction?! Are we going to 6 units now?

edit: I gave 1 tsp of FF gravy

13. Crista & Ming

Is this pace of reducing normal? Just asking because Wendy mentioned about reductions needing to be done quickly with IAA is breaking. But again, I have done ZERO research...

14. Wendy&Neko

Glucose toxicity breaking can also lead to a few fast reductions at first. Take the reduction for now and see if it holds. With a higher sized depot, better safe than an overfull depot.

Crista & Ming likes this.