12/5 Jenks AMPS 89 +4 78 +9 61 PMPS 86 +6 65 +10 62

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

12/4

Another great cycle for Jenks! Thankfully, no big dips under 50 at +4 like the last couple of days. Instead, it resembles the cycle of the 2nd, where he lazily drifts down most of the day with a little uptick at the end. Because of that, I was able to get a little extra sleep which was very, very nice!

Jenks spent most of the day smothering OH with affection. It's suddenly cold here (cold for AZ anyway), so I expect him to want to come snuggle in for the night shift. That's OK by me because this is the time of year when his warm body comes in handy!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Still waiting for the OH effect to happen. ;) Looking good Jenks.

3. AZJenks

Looking good indeed. Midcycle test is a beautiful 65. Way to go Jenks!

@Wendy&Neko - Maybe you have some suggestions for this. It's undeniable at this point that OH's absence affects Jenks' blood sugar and response to insulin. It's time to start tracking down why. I'd like to start reaching out to experts, but I don't even know who's domain this would be in. Endocrinologist? Internal med? Mystic? Whoever figures it out will probably get a journal article out of it hehe

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Maybe Jenk's pancreas didn't get the word that OH is home. Shhhhhh! Let's not tell it!

5. AZJenks

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Jenks is looking good. It will be interesting to see when his numbers start to change.

7. AZJenks

Jenks has been snuggly all night. Now in the wee hours of the morning he's being a frisky nuisance. :D Numbers have been good all night, and it looks like we're heading for an AMPS in the lower range this morning.

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

This guy is a pretty big deal endocrinologist and has published a lot, maybe an email or phone chat consult could shed some light? No idea if he'd be willing to do it, but the answer is always no if you don't ask. ;) I've heard he's extremely knowledgeable and not the least bit pretentious from my catupunctuirst, who knows him.

"In addition to hyperthyroidism, Dr. Peterson was the first person to document a number of "new" diseases in cats, including acromegaly, hypoparathyroidism, insulinoma, and Addison's disease."

https://www.drmarkepeterson.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.