12/7 Loudogg AMPS 222 +6 176 PMPS 93 +3 230 - Levemir has arrived, will start tomorrow AMPS :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

December 5, 2018 Condo - 29 Days Post Dental

Evening all!
    Happy Friday!! The Levemir has arrived!! I am soo excited! I am so sorry for not posting earlier today, but I forgot to update the spreadsheet with this morning's data, and I figured you'd want all the details first. I would very much like to start him tomorrow morning if at all possible (otherwise I'd wait until next weekend). You can see the contraband has had a lasting effect on his BGs, and he's just broken out of it today. His current dose is 3.0u Basaglar. Would you start him at 1.75u or 2.0u Levemir? I was thinking 2.0u, only because it's easier to draw up. ;)

I appreciate your thoughts, and I thank you in advance!!! I hope you all have a stupendous night and your kitties stay safe!!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m not sure on the answer to your question but good luck with Levemir

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

We usually recommend starting at 70% of the dose when going from Lantus (Glargine) to Levemir, so if he's on 3U of Basaglar, start at 2U of Levemir

Good luck with the Levemir!!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the Lev. I hope you and Lou like it as much as I did. Make sure you can monitor closely the first couple of cycles, in case Lou is one of those cats that responds strongly to the switch.

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Levemir :)

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Thank you so much everyone! I have a good feeling about this switch. We'll start him at 2.0u tomorrow morning!
    Will do! Thanks for the heads up!