12/7 Thos Might want shooting advice soon +6=64 +10=126; 12/6 PMPS +5=84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 12/3

We've had some pretty delightful numbers the past three days, far lower than I've ever seen.

Last night night went PMPS=131, +2=102, +5=85, after which I fed HC wet and turned in.

Today we had a record breaking +6=64. I carbed him up a bit after than and got a +10=126. So I'll be curious to see what the PMPS is. I hate the thought of backing off, but these numbers are new to me.

I'll probably test around 9:45 or 10:00.

Thanks in advance. - Tom

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You have shot a preshot of 126 before. If you are around to monitor, have plenty of strips and high carb food, I would shoot and get a +2 to start. This is looking really good now. :cool:

Your signature says not following TR. what are you following? What is your reduction point given you saw a 64 today?

3. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

OK, I got a PMPS of 133 so I went ahead and shot. Much lower I would have hesitated. I'll monitor for a while. (After this exciting week, I was down to my last few strips. With 100 due to arrive in the mail tomorrow, maybe. So I drove down to Walmart and bought some.)

I was going to ask how I should approach these numbers. I like that they are getting me below damagingly high glucose levels, probably under the renal threshold. I hadn't really thought yet about a reduction point. I don't know if there's any way to balance trying to stay this low with my desire to not engage in the rigors of full TR.

Thanks, as always.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If following SLGS, you would reduce by 0.25 units. You are testing most of the times enough for TR, but it requires an all low carb wet food or raw diet. That is for safety. With dry food in the picture, it’s best to go down to 1.5 units. It could be his pancreas is starting to heal and you will see better numbers this time around on 1.5 units.

5. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Ahhh, I knew I was well past the reduction point for SLGS. But now I understand why I should take the reduction, and we will.

I've been meaning to start a thread asking about whether any amount of kibble is bad. Thos gets up to 1/4 cup per day of Dr Elsey's kibble. (Today, to carb up, I added some old 18%-carb Wellness that I have in reserve.) Kibble gets served in very small portions, collected if not immediately eaten by the intended recipient. Otherwise, it's all lc wet here which I put out in 1oz portions multiple times a day. All three cats get fed the same way, as there is a fair bit of food bowl tourism. Anyhow, that's a topic for another day.

In the meanwhile, thanks so much, once again.