12/9 Asia AMPS 243, PMPS 157, +2 96, +3 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Clear that bounce and get back to business, Asia! Hope you have a nice weekend, Stacy. :bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Miss Asia...lets work that juice:cat:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Asia keeps heading down for you.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I see blue!:cool:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Asia!!! Stop that bouncing and get back to greens.

Let’s try this: if you don’t stop bouncing, Asia, you’ll need a dose increase! (That secret trick usually works). If it doesn’t, we will have to up the ante and just say “well, I guess you should increase the dose next shot”. That should do it! :p:p:p

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

I hope it's just bouncing and not her teeth or something else going on. It wouldn't surprise me if it was her teeth. :( I have a vet appt on Thursday...although they will not be able to get a proper look at her teeth anyway. :rolleyes: You can do absolutely anything to her and she will sit there proper and do nothing more than a grumble, if even that (anal sacs expressed, seriously anything) except for go in her mouth! This is what makes pilling her impossible. She acts like you are killing her and her giant saucer eyes look like they might well pop out of her head, she suddenly has the strength of five cats 1/4th her age and she's willing to dislocate any bone in her body to get away from you! :facepalm: Sometimes she's so absolutely dead asleep you can lift her paws and they drop down flat. That's when I go in her mouth. She's lost a couple of the tiny teeth in the front some time in the past years since her extractions, the back one looks okay, but she has more stink breath than usual, so even if they aren't a huge problem right now, it's only s matter of time.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

I’m sorry but this (the part I bolded) just made me laugh. It reminded me of a member, Shelly, with a cat Jersey. She said Jersey was always planning her demise and she’d give really funny examples.

Soooo...I also hope it’s not her teefies!!

9. Stacy & Asia

It is funny, it always surprises the vets (for a good decade now) that a cat of her age has the strength she exhibits. :joyful: But she's so friendly, she's the flight part of the fight or flight. I'm not worried that she'd be aggressive or that I couldn't or the vet couldn't hold her down to pill her, I'm genuinely worried that she would seriously hurt herself in the struggle of trying to get away.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rusty also becomes a wildcat whenever you try to get his mouth open. I can't pill him. It is impossible. We had to resort to Convenia when he had pneumonia earlier this fall. Fortunately he wasn't allergic to it.

Good luck with the vetty visit. And Asia, keep on clearing that bounce.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Stacy & Asia

Your threat seems to have worked! :joyful:

12. Stacy & Asia

So glad he wasn't allergic! I'm thankful it was helpful for the type of bacteria Asia had when she needed antibiotics, I don't know what we would have done if it wasn't. And I'm well aware how awesome Convenia is not, but if it's that or a raging infection that gets out of hand because I can't get her to eat a pill, I choose Convenia. :facepalm:

Asia was not always like this, it was only after teeth problems at 13. I've had my cats since they were kittens, so we handle them and touch their tails and tummies and check out their teeth from the get go so it isn't a big deal later.

13. Marje and Gracie

Tried and true Lantus/Levemir Land technique 0B7DD2EE-67F1-4A6F-BF92-CD049345B416.gif 0B7DD2EE-67F1-4A6F-BF92-CD049345B416.gif 0B7DD2EE-67F1-4A6F-BF92-CD049345B416.gif

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.